E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4 settings for meth?

08-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
goblue30093
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i - Purple

JB4 settings for meth?

Can someone take a screen shot of their jb4 settings for meth and post for me? I just want to make sure mine are in line before i do my first run with it turned on.

Current setup:
JB4
vrsf charge pipe with bov
vrsf intercooler
afe intake
cat back exhaust
bms meth kit (running 50/50 meth/water)

Thanks for the input.
Vrsf fmic, vrsf charge pipe with bov, vrsf catless down pipes, afe intake, manzo exhaust, bms jb4, bms cowl filters, bms oil cooler valve, 19" Konig Oversteer wheels, wrapped up, hood vents, carbon fiber wing, custom headlights, air lift v2 airbag system
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
goblue30093
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

not one meth user can help out?
Vrsf fmic, vrsf charge pipe with bov, vrsf catless down pipes, afe intake, manzo exhaust, bms jb4, bms cowl filters, bms oil cooler valve, 19" Konig Oversteer wheels, wrapped up, hood vents, carbon fiber wing, custom headlights, air lift v2 airbag system
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

JB4 setup:
Using your BMS DATA cable or JB4 Connect Kit you'll have to enter a few settings to
enable the meth integration.
Under the meth tab set Signal Scaling to 60. Then set Boost Additive to 40. The Boost
Additive determines how aggressive the JB4 will be with boost when WMI is at full flow.
We suggest the 40 setting for pump gas as a starting point. If you happen to run higher
octane fuel such as race gas or E85 then this value can be increased. The maximum
suggested setting for factory turbos is 75. Note the WMI maps are application specific so
refer to the JB4 thread for your application for additional information.
For the N54/N55/N20 the WMI map is map3 while with the S55/S63/B58 the WMI map
is map8. WMI can be used on other maps with reduced safety

WMI flow:
Note when the system is operating normally you will see a WMI flow reading of 60% to
100%. It's normal for the flow reading to vary between 60-100% based on weather, fluid
injected, nozzle size, etc. Readings below 60% indicate a flow issue. If you run out of
meth the reading will drop to 10% or less. If you have a wiring or electrical issue the
reading will drop to 0%.

Priming system:
The first time you install and any time you run the system dry you will need to prime the
pump to get all of the air out of the pump and lines. If you see air bubbles in the line
feeding the pump you will need to resolve that issue first and then prime to remove air
from the pump after. Any time air is detected in the pump or lines leading in to the pump
the JB4 will give a lower meth reading. Note it is normal to see air pockets in the short
line between the solenoid and the nozzle when the system is off. It is also normal to see
an occasional air bubble in the line feeding the pump. But many bubbles combined with a
consistent low flow reading indicate air is leaking in to the system.
N54 Purge Directions:
Disconnect the line from the nozzle and place it in a water bottle or bucket to catch the
fluid. Turn the ignition on and enter JB4 command mode. Go to option 7/5 (meth on oil
temp) and while in command mode press the gas pedal to the floor to activate the pump
and push the air out of the system. This generally takes 5-10 seconds and you can
visually confirm the inlet and outlet lines are free of air bubbles. If you see air bubbles
appearing in the line going towards the pump double check all fittings and lines to ensure
they are tight.
All others:
Select the WMI map for the application. With ignition on and JB4 software connected
press the small “purge” button in the upper right hand corner repeatedly to activate/test
the pump. Each press will activate the pump for around a second and it should take 6-8
seconds to push all the air from the pump and get it properly primed.

http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...it_install.pdf
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      08-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
goblue30093
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

thank you so much!
Appreciate 1