BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

1M base spec?

Helping a friend get a 1M and was wondering what the base spec was when they were first released?

eg were heated seats standard or optional?
lci xenons were standard, as were the twin water & oil cooler (aka 135i ppk)

For cars without the nav & idrive, which radio options were there?

thanks
      08-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
Helping a friend get a 1M and was wondering what the base spec was when they were first released?

eg were heated seats standard or optional?
lci xenons were standard, as were the twin water & oil cooler (aka 135i ppk)

For cars without the nav & idrive, which radio options were there?

thanks
The base spec in US had hid headlights and nothing else. Manual seats, no Bluetooth etc. Sirius and HK were options. Canadian ones came with heated seats and Bluetooth base as well as lighted door handles.

All of them came with twin water coolers and oil cooler too. Engine wise they were identical. I have owned both US and Canadian base models.

Power seats in US came with a lux package but aim for manual seats. Lighter and more headroom. Better seating position than power seats
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
The base spec in US had hid headlights and nothing else. Manual seats, no Bluetooth etc. Sirius and HK were options. Canadian ones came with heated seats and Bluetooth base as well as lighted door handles.
The headlight on base spec are also adaptive, FWIW. As Nacho points out the only stereo upgrade available was HK.

I may also be showing my age but power windows, A/C and rear defroster came standard as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #4
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

Cool, thanks guys.
      08-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
RS375
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

This was the UK option list from 2011.

BMW_1M_Pricelist_2011_UK.pdf
Appreciate 1
Tinsta189.00
      08-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS375 View Post
This was the UK option list from 2011.

Attachment 1679109
Excellent, cheers!
      08-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #7
abb6027
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

The Australian ones came with everything except heated seats. Just in case you were wondering
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #8
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

Has anyone compared a manual seat vs power seat side by side? I've never noticed any measurable headroom difference from manual and power seats. Sunroof is a whole other story (obviously not a 1M concern). Being 6'3" I pay pretty close attention to these factors - and I've sat in both cars but never noticed anything different (granted I wasn't paying close attention to it).

I'm presently shopping between a GTI and Golf R and the reason for me to pay the extra $10k for the Golf R is the lack of a sunroof (amongst other things I suppose) where the headroom is at LEAST 2 inches more!
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 01:09 AM   #9
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
Has anyone compared a manual seat vs power seat side by side? I've never noticed any measurable headroom difference from manual and power seats. Sunroof is a whole other story (obviously not a 1M concern). Being 6'3" I pay pretty close attention to these factors - and I've sat in both cars but never noticed anything different (granted I wasn't paying close attention to it).

I'm presently shopping between a GTI and Golf R and the reason for me to pay the extra $10k for the Golf R is the lack of a sunroof (amongst other things I suppose) where the headroom is at LEAST 2 inches more!
I have compared them and significant difference . I first noticed it pre purchase when comparing HK to regular stereo in 135i before ordering my first 1M. The I read several reviews complaining about high seating position. Many said you sat on top of the car. Most US demo cars had power seats. Then I sold my car and I went back on the used car market. I test drove a 1M with with power seats and I just couldn't get a comfortable position. It was just a bit too high. I passed on it and later bought another one with manual seats. The also slide forward quickly to let people in not slowly like power seats. I had small kids so that was another benefit.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 01:12 AM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abb6027 View Post
The Australian ones came with everything except heated seats. Just in case you were wondering
Yes ours didn't have the snorkel like the Australian ones. We turn around when the water gets high. : )
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:34 AM   #11
abb6027
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

Quote:
Yes ours didn't have the snorkel like the Australian ones. We turn around when the water gets high. : )
Yep a small creek crossing never hurt anyone
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post

I have compared them and significant difference . I first noticed it pre purchase when comparing HK to regular stereo in 135i before ordering my first 1M. The I read several reviews complaining about high seating position. Many said you sat on top of the car. Most US demo cars had power seats. Then I sold my car and I went back on the used car market. I test drove a 1M with with power seats and I just couldn't get a comfortable position. It was just a bit too high. I passed on it and later bought another one with manual seats. The also slide forward quickly to let people in not slowly like power seats. I had small kids so that was another benefit.
Can you believe that The M2 for the US so far only has 75 cars with manual seats and manual gearbox (Half of the Zl9 run as the other are DCT) and only 150 cars period have manual seats. :
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:58 PM   #13
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

It's a sweet car but definitely geared towards a different sort of buyer. We analog folk are an anomaly, I think, and perhaps a bit anachronistic.
Appreciate 1