E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Tool32 needed in central Scotland

08-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D SE

Tool32 needed in central Scotland

Long story short I can't reset my front pads service light. Showing as 255% of pad left. After a bit of research it seems that a ecu glitch causes it and the only way to rectify it is to recalibrate the pads via the ecu

Pads have been replaced etc before anyone recommends that I've literally tried everything.

Looking for someone in central Scotland who could use tool32 to reset it

Below is a description of how to do it but I don't feel confident enough to do it myself

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/.../topics/249777
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 03:01 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybhoy7 View Post
Long story short I can't reset my front pads service light. Showing as 255% of pad left. After a bit of research it seems that a ecu glitch causes it and the only way to rectify it is to recalibrate the pads via the ecu

Pads have been replaced etc before anyone recommends that I've literally tried everything.

Looking for someone in central Scotland who could use tool32 to reset it

Below is a description of how to do it but I don't feel confident enough to do it myself

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/.../topics/249777
But when you changed the pads did you change the sensors with genuine BMW sensors???

If not, I'd do this first.

If it is the calibration issue then those instructions are very simple. Get yourself a cheap cable and software and do it yourself. I'm sure people on here will give you help along the way if you need it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 03:39 AM   #3
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
But when you changed the pads did you change the sensors with genuine BMW sensors???

If not, I'd do this first.

If it is the calibration issue then those instructions are very simple. Get yourself a cheap cable and software and do it yourself. I'm sure people on here will give you help along the way if you need it.
I ment to say pad sensors have replaced sorry haha

I've replaced with cheap ones I've replaced with genuine ones and I've done the 'delete' by crossing the wires.

Only Carly the pad life is showing as 255% so it has to be the calibration issue as I also get the pad sensor fault code that relates to it.

I'm gonna just give it a bash at the weekend if someone in the know can't do it for me before then. Would just rather someone who knew exactly what they're doing done it. I've found precise instructions online how to do if I can't find anyone but paying £20 for some help is cheaper than fixing a bricked ecu haha
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 04:31 AM   #4
e28bmw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1987 e28 and 2008 e92 335i msp

I've changed my rear pads recently and had read beforehand about all the issues with resetting the sensors once changed out. One thing I read was issues resetting the front pad sensors and that the rear had to be disconnected and reconnected before the front would reset. May be worth trying as its free?
      08-24-2017, 04:38 AM   #5
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e28bmw View Post
I've changed my rear pads recently and had read beforehand about all the issues with resetting the sensors once changed out. One thing I read was issues resetting the front pad sensors and that the rear had to be disconnected and reconnected before the front would reset. May be worth trying as its free?
I changed the rears and fronts twice so it was disconnected. The rear reset fine it's just the front has the wrong value in the ecu it's showing 255% of pad left
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Hi mate, think we met in the past... I have Tool32 and can help you with this.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
Hi mate, think we met in the past... I have Tool32 and can help you with this.
Yes mate you tried to help me out with my side lights not working! I looked through my phone to try find your name but couldn't find it haha. Do you have DIS as well? Reading conflicting reviews on which programme can sort the problem I have. I need to edit the service menu to tell the computer what the pad thickness and percentage is
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes mate you tried to help me out with my side lights not working! I looked through my phone to try find your name but couldn't find it haha. Do you have DIS as well? Reading conflicting reviews on which programme can sort the problem I have. I need to edit the service menu to tell the computer what the pad thickness and percentage is
I'm not 100% familiar with the issue you are having but the instructions you posted on fixing it with Tool32 are dead easy, I have done similar programming before.

I don't have DIS installed unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #9
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
I'm not 100% familiar with the issue you are having but the instructions you posted on fixing it with Tool32 are dead easy, I have done similar programming before.

I don't have DIS installed unfortunately.
Pm me when you're free and we can at least try the tool32 option and if that doesn't work we'll take it from there?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Pm me when you're free and we can at least try the tool32 option and if that doesn't work we'll take it from there?
Sounds good, I will PM you my number
Appreciate 0