THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Non chrome rear badges

09-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

Non chrome rear badges

Hey everyone,

Has anybody put on the darker rear M240i badges? It the side M badges in a darker color?

Also anyone want to make a few bucks to help me install some kidney grills lol
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240xi Estoril Blue

Hello :-) It's not that difficult to install kidney grilles. There's a few videos on how to do this on youtube but one I found useful was from Shundel.

Removing the first one took me a little longer and I scratched my forearm quite a bit in the process but after that the second one is a joke to remove. I find the car looks good with the gloss black grilles.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikolai View Post
Hello :-) It's not that difficult to install kidney grilles. There's a few videos on how to do this on youtube but one I found useful was from Shundel.

Removing the first one took me a little longer and I scratched my forearm quite a bit in the process but after that the second one is a joke to remove. I find the car looks good with the gloss black grilles.
lol that's the video I watched as well. Is the key finding the clips? I also thought about cutting out the stock ones and reach in and pull it out.

I'm going to give it a try on Wednesday when the parts arrive. Any tips or just follow the video?

Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #4
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240xi Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk09 View Post
lol that's the video I watched as well. Is the key finding the clips? I also thought about cutting out the stock ones and reach in and pull it out.

I'm going to give it a try on Wednesday when the parts arrive. Any tips or just follow the video?

Thanks for the reply.
I used a flat screwdriver for the top clips but I ended up using my fingers for the rest of them. If you don't pull on the grille while pressing on the clips they will all snap back in and it can be frustrating because you have to start over.

I thought about cutting too but I prefer keeping all the stock parts while I am modding the car. This took me like 10 minutes to do so not a big deal.

Reaching the oil filter to do the break in oil change without making a big mess was a lot more painful. :-)

Enjoy the install on Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikolai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk09 View Post

Thanks for the reply.
I used a flat screwdriver for the top clips but I ended up using my fingers for the rest of them. If you don't pull on the grille while pressing on the clips they will all snap back in and it can be frustrating because you have to start over.

I thought about cutting too but I prefer keeping all the stock parts while I am modding the car. This took me like 10 minutes to do so not a big deal.

Reaching the oil filter to do the break in oil change without making a big mess was a lot more painful. :-)

Enjoy the install on Wednesday.
Thanks and this guy won't be doing his own oil lol
Appreciate 0