F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another MPPSK Thread !
GetBMWParts

09-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F30 335d Xdrive

Another MPPSK Thread !

Hi Guys.

I'm 5 months into a 4yr PCP.

The 440i is a great car but it does IMO need the MPPSK.

My local dealer (Snows, Portsmouth) have matched the £1760 or whatever it is for fitted + carbon tips - which surprised me and also kinda called my bluff....

Anyhoo, not sure even my man maths can ease my mind about whether or not adding a mod like this to a PCP is advisable - or not..?

I mean the cars not mine, and I'm not sure it ever will be. So would this just be plain bonkers... and a potential waste of money let alone cause issues at the end of the contract etc...

Keen to hear anyone's thoughts and if they've done the same?

Cheers,

Wag

Attached Images

Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

I have dithered for months on this and am realistically not going to now as I'm half way into a 3 yr pcp. I have a tuning box which actually gives more grunt than a mppk but without the noise obviously. I'd start with that, however yours is not a family estate like mine so actually you have no excuse!!

Go for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Tuning box and mid pipe or resonator delete will give you some power and some noise for £500 or less. Not warranty friendly of course.

But, keep your old exhaust, and you could sell the MPPSK exhaust come end of PCP. Should be worth £800?
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Tuning box and mid pipe or resonator delete will give you some power and some noise for £500 or less. Not warranty friendly of course.

But, keep your old exhaust, and you could sell the MPPSK exhaust come end of PCP. Should be worth £800?
That's a good shout tbh.

I like the thought of getting some ££ back as I'm pretty sure I'd need to remove if I were to hand it back.

If privately sold then I guess it comes down to the potential buyers desire to be a hoodlem or not !
Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
I have dithered for months on this and am realistically not going to now as I'm half way into a 3 yr pcp. I have a tuning box which actually gives more grunt than a mppk but without the noise obviously. I'd start with that, however yours is not a family estate like mine so actually you have no excuse!!

Go for it.
Good motivation - thanks !!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagstafari View Post
That's a good shout tbh.

I like the thought of getting some ££ back as I'm pretty sure I'd need to remove if I were to hand it back.

If privately sold then I guess it comes down to the potential buyers desire to be a hoodlem or not !
Sorry to be the party pooper, but taking the exhaust off would need a reprog at the dealer. The car might not go very well with just the mppsk software, but without the valve system in the stock exhaust.

Not worth it if you ask me. It'll cost you more for a reprog then the price you'd get from the exhaust i'm afraid.

Being a oem part, i'm sure they will take it as is after your lease. You wont get anything back, but at least you just hand them the keys. Better resale value for them. So everybody wins.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

At first I thought no way would I spend £1800 on a car that was going back but then again if it was an option before the car was built it would be similar to getting say Pro Nav and HUD

It would ease my mind if the GVF was increased as a result but as I suspect it won't be it's a financially stupid thing to do.

However not much involving tuning BMWs makes financial sense.

If you can afford it do it, maybe drive a car with this fitted first to see if you think it's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #8
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Quote:
That's a good shout tbh.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but taking the exhaust off would need a reprog at the dealer. The car might not go very well with just the mppsk software, but without the valve system in the stock exhaust.

Not worth it if you ask me. It'll cost you more for a reprog then the price you'd get from the exhaust i'm afraid.

Being a oem part, i'm sure they will take it as is after your lease. You wont get anything back, but at least you just hand them the keys. Better resale value for them. So everybody wins.
If they take it back (if I do hand it back) and there's no issues that I've fitted it then that's good.

Removing Pre hand back does sound like a ball ache etc

So it's either fit it, enjoy it and hand it back with it.

Or stick to stock....

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #9
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
If they take it back (if I do hand it back) and there's no issues that I've fitted it then that's good.

Removing Pre hand back does sound like a ball ache etc

So it's either fit it, enjoy it and hand it back with it.

Or stick to stock....

Cheers.
I wouldn't worry about not owning it, as long as it doesn't affect you when you hand back.

People on here who buy their car's new and outright don't often keep them longer than 4 years, and at 4 years old the MPPSK won't really add much to the resale price. Therefore the financial decision is pretty much the same, owned or on a pcp.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #10
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i touring - incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post

The stock exhaust is valved, I don't buy this at all. A cat back exhaust will make no different to how the car runs. Take it off, sell it and give the car back with original exhaust. No one will bat an eyelid.

Last edited by NotGotABimmer23; 09-11-2017 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 02:21 AM   #11
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

It's not the same though. The MPPSK exhaust is dual valved and swtichable too.

To me the MPPSK exhaust is the star of the show over and above the remap. It's comparable to a £3500 Akra and as good if not better.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 1
Gixerste194.00
      09-11-2017, 02:29 AM   #12
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
I wouldn't worry about not owning it, as long as it doesn't affect you when you hand back.

People on here who buy their car's new and outright don't often keep them longer than 4 years, and at 4 years old the MPPSK won't really add much to the resale price. Therefore the financial decision is pretty much the same, owned or on a pcp.
That's it convince someone else of the rationale that you used to justify your man maths to get one.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:03 AM   #13
Gixerste
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430D m sport

Do it, I've had mine 6 month on a 4 year PCP, had it fitted 6 weeks ago and it's
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2017, 04:31 AM   #14
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

Worth calling BMWFS to ask their return policy, although I'd assume they are okay with manufacturer mods.

However isn't the most likely scenario that you trade in for a new model before end of term? In which case the dealer will value the car with the go faster mod?
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2017, 05:14 AM   #15
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
That's it convince someone else of the rationale that you used to justify your man maths to get one.
I'm sorry? If you have a valid argument against my man maths then please express it? A dig just for the sake of it really doesn't add any value to the thread.

Has your account been hacked by your wife? Or is finding ways to put people off great mods your idea of valuable forum contribution?
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #16
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry? If you have a valid argument against my man maths then please express it? A dig just for the sake of it really doesn't add any value to the thread.

Has your account been hacked by your wife? Or is finding ways to put people off great mods your idea of valuable forum contribution?
Ooh sorry Jon is at work I thought this was Mums net, my mistake.

Better get on with the hoovering.
Appreciate 3
      09-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #17
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Ooh sorry Jon is at work I thought this was Mums net, my mistake.

Better get on with the hoovering.
That's where you think he is. He's actually at a Dacia dealership as he's decided he can no longer live with the man maths that lies behind BMW ownership....😉
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #18
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's where you think he is. He's actually at a Dacia dealership as he's decided he can no longer live with the man maths that lies behind BMW ownership....😉
So long as it's not with that tart at the end of the road that I caught him with last month.

You know Alex I am still cross about that and fancy getting my own back, you interested
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:51 AM   #19
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstin View Post
Worth calling BMWFS to ask their return policy, although I'd assume they are okay with manufacturer mods.

However isn't the most likely scenario that you trade in for a new model before end of term? In which case the dealer will value the car with the go faster mod?
I will do this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #20
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixerste View Post
Do it, I've had mine 6 month on a 4 year PCP, had it fitted 6 weeks ago and it's
And I bet you've not looked back once!!

Did dealer or BMWFS have anything to say on the matter?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #21
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
The stock exhaust is valved, I don't buy this at all. A cat back exhaust will make no different to how the car runs. Take it off, sell it and give the car back with original exhaust. No one will bat an eyelid.
Not the same system. The info from my post was taken from another post and confirmed by a local dealer. Feel free to disregard as you please.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #22
Gixerste
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430D m sport

Quote:
And I bet you've not looked back once!!

Did dealer or BMWFS have anything to say on the matter?

Cheers
No I haven't at all .The dealer (sales rep) I bought the car from said " that's nice, it sounds awesome". BMWFS I don't know, I never asked because I'll either be PX or keeping the car at the end of the PCP not just handing it back

Last edited by Gixerste; 10-14-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0