F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > VERY Negative Experience with Stance Wheels
GetBMWParts

09-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

Exclamation VERY Negative Experience with Stance Wheels

I purchased 4 Gloss Black Stance wheels through vibe on April 5th. I was told the wheels would ship out in a week. 5 weeks later, the wheels finally ship and arrive to my house; I completely understand as most wheel companies seem to have back orders.

I got the wheels mounted and on the VERY first drive I hadhorrible vibrations. I couldn't turn around and get the wheels checked because Discount tire had closed that day; I was the last customer. I went back the following Saturday (the next possible time I could) and asked them to re-balance the wheel. When doing so they showed me the wheel was bent.

I called Vibe and let them know one of my wheels was damaged before I even mounted it. They told me I had to front the money for a new wheel and ship this one back and my money would be refunded. To complicate the matter, I had to pay extra to have the wheel painted black because the original black wheels were going to be out of stock for over a month. I saw no other option because I didn't want to drive on a bent wheel for very long.

At least another month goes by and no wheel has arrived. I call Vibe and they said they talked to Stance and were told the wheel was just left in the warehouse ready to ship. It had been sitting there for almost THREE weeks. So basically I paid extra to expedite a process and then the company drops the ball by not shipping the product.

Finally I receive the new wheel, mount it, and send back the bent wheel. I had to pay for shipping for well. At this point I am $450 in the hole on a replacement wheel. Stance receives the wheel and states there was impact damage on the front and back with paint chipping. When I had the wheel I did not see this, nor did the front of the wheel seem to have a bend on the balancer; I have videos to prove it.

Therefore, I am not getting a refund from Stance because this bend is my fault. So much time has passed that it would be impossible to file a UPS claim. In the end, I was strung along by Vibe saying "Sure no problem, just buy a new wheel and send the original back and youll get the warranty money back" They made it seem like it was no big deal.

Well, here I am, $450 in the hole when I could have paid $150 to have the bent wheel repaired. Furthermore, my replacement wheel has chips all around the valve stem, but I let that slide, maybe I shouldn't. This whole wheel experience has been a 4 month drama filled, expensive experience.

I would avoid doing business with Stance at all costs and be very careful with Vibe. I may file a BBB claim against Stance.

Last edited by Insane435; 10-16-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 4
jeffc83722.00
kern4174442.00
Forgiven121.50
      05-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
I purchased 4 Gloss Black Stance wheels through vibe on April 5th. I was told the wheels would ship out in a week. 5 weeks later, the wheels finally ship and arrive to my house; I completely understand as most wheel companies seem to have back orders.

I got the wheels mounted and on the VERY first drive I hadhorrible vibrations. I couldn't turn around and get the wheels checked because Discount tire had closed that day; I was the last customer. I went back the following Saturday (the next possible time I could) and asked them to re-balance the wheel. When doing so they showed me the wheel was bent.

I called Vibe and let them know one of my wheels was damaged before I even mounted it. They told me I had to front the money for a new wheel and ship this one back and my money would be refunded. To complicate the matter, I had to pay extra to have the wheel painted black because the original black wheels were going to be out of stock for over a month. I saw no other option because I didn't want to drive on a bent wheel for very long.

At least another month goes by and no wheel has arrived. I call Vibe and they said they talked to Stance and were told the wheel was just left in the warehouse ready to ship. It had been sitting there for almost THREE weeks. So basically I paid extra to expedite a process and then the company drops the ball by not shipping the product.

Finally I receive the new wheel, mount it, and send back the bent wheel. I had to pay for shipping for well. At this point I am $450 in the hole on a replacement wheel. Stance receives the wheel and states there was impact damage on the front and back with paint chipping. When I had the wheel I did not see this, nor did the front of the wheel seem to have a bend on the balancer; I have videos to prove it.

Therefore, I am not getting a refund from Stance because this bend is my fault. So much time has passed that it would be impossible to file a UPS claim. In the end, I was strung along by Vibe saying "Sure no problem, just buy a new wheel and send the original back and youll get the warranty money back" They made it seem like it was no big deal.

Well, here I am, $450 in the hole when I could have paid $150 to have the bent wheel repaired. Furthermore, my replacement wheel has chips all around the valve stem, but I let that slide, maybe I shouldn't. This whole wheel experience has been a 4 month drama filled, expensive experience.

I would avoid doing business with Stance at all costs and be very careful with Vibe. I may file a BBB claim against Stance.
Vibe is terrible too, they should have stepped up on this one
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Yes this wasn't a good experience by any means. So much delay on what they could do for me, when they should have just said to make a UPS claim and be done with it. One less customer for both companies.

Also, turns out I have another slight bend in one of my wheels. So in conclusion, do not buy stance wheels. They have to be very weak. I have not hit any major potholes either, little ones yes, but nothing earth shattering.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Yes this wasn't a good experience by any means. So much delay on what they could do for me, when they should have just said to make a UPS claim and be done with it. One less customer for both companies.

Also, turns out I have another slight bend in one of my wheels. So in conclusion, do not buy stance wheels. They have to be very weak. I have not hit any major potholes either, little ones yes, but nothing earth shattering.
That sounds pretty bad. What process was used to make them that they bent so easily? I've got replicas and have hit many potholes with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #5
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
That sounds pretty bad. What process was used to make them that they bent so easily? I've got replicas and have hit many potholes with no issues.
I am not really sure to be honest, but now I have learned that its worth figuring that out. I plan on getting the wheel fixed though locally and hopefully it rides alot better afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
I am not really sure to be honest, but now I have learned that its worth figuring that out. I plan on getting the wheel fixed though locally and hopefully it rides alot better afterwards.
Ah ok then. I've seen their ads and I sort of assumed they were forged.. Clearly not lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Quote:

I'm more pissed at Vibe than anything, they have misleading prices on here and then on eBay they mislead on prices as well. They have also been clipped selling used wheels as new from what I heard. Stance is garbage, never heard anything good about them.

Believe it or not, in the past I've had better luck with shitty eBay csl reps on past cars than anything else!! Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm more pissed at Vibe than anything, they have misleading prices on here and then on eBay they mislead on prices as well. They have also been clipped selling used wheels as new from what I heard. Stance is garbage, never heard anything good about them.

Believe it or not, in the past I've had better luck with shitty eBay csl reps on past cars than anything else!! Lol
Yeah people crap on reps but unless I'm using them on the track I think they're used on the track they seem great for day to day driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #9
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Just looked at the wheel in question again and its so bent now idk even know if i can track on it. Im pissed.
Appreciate 0