BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

Still going strong

Hi folks, gosh it's been age since i last posted in here, but just wanted to say that i'm still alive and kicking as is my 1M...

After all these years she's still got it all, the looks, the presence, the thrill and most of all the fun, had my moments to sell the car but never could bring myself to do it.

53k miles now so i decided to get me a daily drive and give the 1M some rest, weekends she's back out...
I recall going to the Ace Cafe back in 2012, i got to meet a few of you guys so a big shout out to all of you...
Would be good to see if any of the original members are still around...

Till next time
Appreciate 4
JP-1M171.00
eeghie299.50
      09-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Although I am not a longtime member I will still say welcome back. I hope you continue to thoroughly exercise (and enjoy) your incredible 1M. What did you buy as your daily? Curious just how big the fun gap is.
      09-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

It was only the last 2-3 weeks that I finally changed my aging old 2011 Michelling tires ...

Nearing 40K Kms soon !

What a great car !
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Although I am not a longtime member I will still say welcome back. I hope you continue to thoroughly exercise (and enjoy) your incredible 1M. What did you buy as your daily? Curious just how big the fun gap is.
Thanks mate
I decided to go back to my type r days as i had a civic before the 1M, yeah quite a jump that was lol...loved the type r, screaming v-tec and the like..

So this time round i decided to import the Asian model into the UK, as it was never sold here, my love for rare cars is strong lol
Enthusiasts will say this is the real type r and boy does it destroy the UK model....a street going racing car, rock hard suspension, 9k rpm, 4 doors and a big boot....i love it :-)
I put £60 in it 10 days ago (high grade only) and still haven't topped up...i was putting £30 a day in my 1M lol....so as a daily, the FD2 type r is perfect for me...
Don't get me wrong, the 1M is still my weekend beast and pride of the fleet but it feels good to keep the miles of it for a while...

A few pics of my Civic FD2 Type R
Attached Images

Last edited by edwardio; 09-28-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
It was only the last 2-3 weeks that I finally changed my aging old 2011 Michelling tires ...

Nearing 40K Kms soon !

What a great car !
Damn 40k kms on the same tyres way to go man, i lost count after my 4th set lol
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 02:13 AM   #6
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Honda Type-R. Nice. My prior car in Japan before my current 1M was a much loved and heavily modified Honda. Despite massive engine, chassis, and running gear mods the car never broke down once in 10 years of service. Hondas are amazing machines. You chose a great daily driver that will be loads of fun in its own right.

I specifically say prior car in Japan as technically my prior car anywhere was, wait for it, a daily driver E60 M5 in Hong Kong. That beast nearly killed me once on a wet onramp and absolutely killed my #%&*$ wallet in maintenance fees (no crashes, just simply keeping the #%&*$ thing running).
      09-29-2017, 06:00 AM   #7
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
Damn 40k kms on the same tyres way to go man, i lost count after my 4th set lol
Lol The 1M is my weekend cruiser amongst other cars I own ..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #8
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Honda Type-R. Nice. My prior car in Japan before my current 1M was a much loved and heavily modified Honda. Despite massive engine, chassis, and running gear mods the car never broke down once in 10 years of service. Hondas are amazing machines. You chose a great daily driver that will be loads of fun in its own right.

I specifically say prior car in Japan as technically my prior car anywhere was, wait for it, a daily driver E60 M5 in Hong Kong. That beast nearly killed me once on a wet onramp and absolutely killed my #%&*$ wallet in maintenance fees (no crashes, just simply keeping the #%&*$ thing running).
Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #9
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Hi folks, gosh it's been age since i last posted in here, but just wanted to say that i'm still alive and kicking as is my 1M...

After all these years she's still got it all, the looks, the presence, the thrill and most of all the fun, had my moments to sell the car but never could bring myself to do it.

53k miles now so i decided to get me a daily drive and give the 1M some rest, weekends she's back out...
I recall going to the Ace Cafe back in 2012, i got to meet a few of you guys so a big shout out to all of you...
Would be good to see if any of the original members are still around...

Till next time
Still around mate, mine has just done over 40k on the clock, never been a daily and at present does not get much driving to be honest.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
buddalun678.00
      10-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #10
ayao
Thread killer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Still around mate, mine has just done over 40k on the clock, never been a daily and at present does not get much driving to be honest.
Wow - blast from the past!! Incidentally yours has consistently been one of the best looking AWs.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Wow - blast from the past!! Incidentally yours has consistently been one of the best looking AWs.
Thanks mate, I have just tried to keep it looking oem as much as possible, what you see could look like it come straight out of the factory as is.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #12
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Still dd mine at 82k and 4th set of tires! Runs great and is every bit as fun as my 997 turbo S.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #13
ayao
Thread killer
Rep

Says a lot about the car for it to be categorized with a Turbo S!
I did (briefly) consider liquidating the 1M to get into a GT350R but in the end couldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #14
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Me, I'm still around too. 1M is still kicking strong and still daily driven. It has about 112,000 km now, and I sure wish it had less. Just had engine oil, transmission oil, diff oil and spark plugs changed. Brake fluid was changed for second time last service.
I'm in second set of summer tires (Michelin PSS), and first set of winters (Dunlop Wintersport), but they will definitely need to be changed for next winter.
I tend to spend a lot of time on the F90 M5 forum now. We are planning on one of those next summer. Hopefully the mini M can go into semi retirement then. Or, spend some time on a trailer going on North American track tours. Maybe I'll finally pull the trigger on an Akrapovi? exhaust.
      11-11-2017, 05:36 AM   #15
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It's so nice to hear all the replies from you guys
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 05:38 AM   #16
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Thanks mate, I have just tried to keep it looking oem as much as possible, what you see could look like it come straight out of the factory as is.
definitely one of the finest 1Ms out there
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 05:39 AM   #17
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Wow you have been lucky and unlucky with the M5, what a beast
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #18
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Still dd mine at 82k and 4th set of tires! Runs great and is every bit as fun as my 997 turbo S.
Awesome
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 05:41 AM   #19
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Lol The 1M is my weekend cruiser amongst other cars I own ..
Haha it makes me sound wealthy when in reality I'm completely broke
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #20
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

I remember talking to you at the Ace meet, You'd spilled your coffee on the passenger seat if i remember.. still have flashbacks of lol
      11-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #21
alphagamma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 WRX, 2011 1-series M

Quote:
Thanks mate
I decided to go back to my type r days as i had a civic before the 1M, yeah quite a jump that was lol...loved the type r, screaming v-tec and the like..

So this time round i decided to import the Asian model into the UK, as it was never sold here, my love for rare cars is strong lol
Enthusiasts will say this is the real type r and boy does it destroy the UK model....a street going racing car, rock hard suspension, 9k rpm, 4 doors and a big boot....i love it :-)
I put £60 in it 10 days ago (high grade only) and still haven't topped up...i was putting £30 a day in my 1M lol....so as a daily, the FD2 type r is perfect for me...
Don't get me wrong, the 1M is still my weekend beast and pride of the fleet but it feels good to keep the miles of it for a while...

A few pics of my Civic FD2 Type R
Excellent choice! Fuel efficient (relatively), reliable, high-revving (8500 rpm redline) car! Have been thinking of getting the FK8 Civic Type R as a daily if my current daily kicks the bucket.
Appreciate 0