E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rolling rear quarter panels

10-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
cgarcia177
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 335i

Rolling rear quarter panels

Have any of you guys delt with rolling e92 quater panels, I'm trying to get mine rolled. I went to one shop and they told me, I'd need to get body work done that would cost me around $400??? . So I reached out to another shop who specializes in rolling/ shaving and he told me I'd have to get mine shaved because of the geometry of my fender. It's been a pain in my ass but I can't stand hearing the rub when I'm hitting some dips. Please let me know if you guys have dealt with this before.

Running a 18x10 with 25 offset
with a 275/35/18 tire
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

I looked into rolling mine when I got new wheels and tires. Lots of guys on here have rolled fenders so I believe it would be possible without shaving. (Shaving would not be hard probably easier than rolling just need an angle grinder from harbor freight for less than $30.)

I lucked out my Wheel choice 9.5 ET33 doesn’t rub with my 275 rear tire. If it had I found a heat gun/fender roller set on Amazon for about $60 prime delivered. That would have been my plan rolling fenders/shaving fenders isn’t rocket science. I don’t know you but I’ll bet $1 you are just as smart and capable (assume you have 2 hands lol) as any laborer doing the job at the shop you would choose.

Heat the fender edge with heat gun then use the roller, heat some more roll it a little more. There’s tutorials online and I prefer to DIY and know it’s done right and save $$.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #3
cgarcia177
United_States
Rep

Yeah thats the thing I was tripping about, like i was 100% sure it had been done before. I was just thrown off that shop who specializes in modding cars told me they weren't able to do it. The thought of going at my quarters with a grinder is kinda scary but true, it wouldn't hard. Thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

I went years seeing how to get a wider track and with shops saying they could roll it a bit but wont gain much too one shop saying they have been rolled from the factory. Anyhow I found a shop local that the guy shaved my inner fenders and then sealed them so they wont rust. it worked. The 335i for some reason bmw made it hard to put wide aggressive rims on vs the m3 which one can make very aggressive. Rolling may help you but If you find a qualified shop spend the money and cut. i paid 300 cash canadian 250 USD
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Madnking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i coupes

Garage List
I rolled my rears about a month ago. I'm happy with it
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
whiskey_waffle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia177 View Post
Yeah thats the thing I was tripping about, like i was 100% sure it had been done before. I was just thrown off that shop who specializes in modding cars told me they weren't able to do it. The thought of going at my quarters with a grinder is kinda scary but true, it wouldn't hard. Thanks for the advice!
If you're willing to drive out to the San Fernando Valley look up Tony on CL, he does the rolling/shaving on pretty much every stanced car out here. He's done a couple of my cars and worked on friends cars too.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
cgarcia177
United_States
Rep

By any chance do you have his number? I can't seem to find him on CL.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #8
n50four
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sport; '01 330i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey_waffle View Post
If you're willing to drive out to the San Fernando Valley look up Tony on CL, he does the rolling/shaving on pretty much every stanced car out here. He's done a couple of my cars and worked on friends cars too.
I took my car to Tony this weekend. I had given him a prior call. After talking over the details, he new exactly what needed to be done. Still, I really didn't know what to expect. I had told him I'd like to see his work before I committed to modding the inside of my sedan's rear fenders, esp after his recommending a shave over a roll. During my visit he was working on two vehicles . . . a Mitsu Evo and of all things, a bagged Honda Odyessy. Not only did he do beautiful work, he was fast. Right then and there, I decided to let him do the work. He accomodated me that afternoon. You would never know that the inner lip was shaved. SMOOTH. He is truely the guru that everybody describes him as. There are only two people I would let touch my car . . . Tony is definitely one of them. While he's working on your car, he has great stories to tell with his delightful english accent and names the number of celebreties who uses his service. His fulltime gig is a writer/photographer for a few English automobile publications, one of which is Performance BMW Magazine. Google "fender rolling by Tony". A great guy you'd definitely like to hang out with. BTW, it was cheapest $80 I've spent.

Last edited by n50four; 01-22-2018 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0