E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > dabears2k HID kits?

05-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Jerseystyle1
Boris the Blade
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i Sedan

dabears2k HID kits?

Anyone have these? Looking to buy some HIDs for my fogs, but not exactly sure what to get. Here is a link to the sets. Looks like a little over $200 for everything.

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_inf...products_id=29

Montego Blue 335i Sedan w/Navi/Magnetic Black NISMO 350Z #831/76' Mini 1100 "SPECIAL" Export

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 Sport

Garage List
I have them on my e92. I had a bulb go out. Need to have him replace it under warranty.
2004 Mustang GT Vert. - Modded
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Jerseystyle1
Boris the Blade
United_States
Rep

How long did you have it before the bulb went out?

Montego Blue 335i Sedan w/Navi/Magnetic Black NISMO 350Z #831/76' Mini 1100 "SPECIAL" Export

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Feb 08 . He did say he would replace them, but I have to ship him back the bad bulb.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
bought a set when he said garrantee work without error...but then when I installed it, it has error and I end up returned it and wasted on both way shipping for nothing....
Then bought another set from XenonDepot...great customer service...check out the link below:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129695
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

My kit's not working either for some reason b/c of a bulb or ballast issue. I gotta get mine replaced but haven't had the time. I'd go w/Steve @ XD just b/c his kit actually works w/o an error and his cust. service is better (more active on here).
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The fact that the kit will or will not work without an error is an issue with our cars, not the seller. As far as customer service is concerned , I can't say anything bad about Dabears2k. They did offer to replace my bulb , and as far as I know , he has refunded people's money for kits that have not worked. Shipping costs etc, is part of doing business.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm not saying dabears has bad svc, just that XD has done better IMO in staying active w/the community and putting out the fix for free. dabears told us to go out and buy resistors which, in the end, didn't work. It's time + money wasted. Once XD figured out the fix, they were proactive in calling ppl who had issues and sent out the resistor fix for free.

I don't have a prob. w/shipping costs etc., just that "guaranteeing" an error free kit and then asking the customer to pay for the extra stuff needed to make it work (per a seller's guarantee) isn't exactly ideal customer svc.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #9
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
I'm not saying dabears has bad svc, just that XD has done better IMO in staying active w/the community and putting out the fix for free. dabears told us to go out and buy resistors which, in the end, didn't work. It's time + money wasted. Once XD figured out the fix, they were proactive in calling ppl who had issues and sent out the resistor fix for free.

I don't have a prob. w/shipping costs etc., just that "guaranteeing" an error free kit and then asking the customer to pay for the extra stuff needed to make it work (per a seller's guarantee) isn't exactly ideal customer svc.
well said!! side note!! I don't mind paying shipping when the item works. I am not so happy about dabears is what nissan has mentioned, he asked you to go buy the resistors and try to make it work which he doensn't even know if it will work or not. then when you ship back the item, he will take out the shipping cost and give you back the refund. In his case, he has nothing to loose, coz I paid both way shipping...you call that part of doing business?? I call the BS. Lucky XD came through for all his customer. All the additional parts, he provide it free of charge. This is what I call part of doing business!! Good reputation!! XD FTW!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
Jerseystyle1
Boris the Blade
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys, think I am gonna go with the XD stuff.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni View Post
well said!! side note!! I don't mind paying shipping when the item works. I am not so happy about dabears is what nissan has mentioned, he asked you to go buy the resistors and try to make it work which he doensn't even know if it will work or not. then when you ship back the item, he will take out the shipping cost and give you back the refund. In his case, he has nothing to loose, coz I paid both way shipping...you call that part of doing business?? I call the BS. Lucky XD came through for all his customer. All the additional parts, he provide it free of charge. This is what I call part of doing business!! Good reputation!! XD FTW!!
So in your polluted mind, the company should absorb the cost of shipping ? Go run a business and get back to me on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep

Don't want to argue this further, but in this case, yes, the co. should have refunded 1 way shipping costs as a gesture of good will considering ppl had to go out and buy stuff that should have been included in the first place to make it work. Again, don't make guarantees you can't back up when it is a *known* problem. If you do, at least pay for the fix or the shipping to return the kit which doesn't meet the guarantees. People had to pay ~$15-20 for the resistors which didn't correct the issue. Plus, another ~$20 to return the kit after the resistors weren't the correct solution (at least the ones he recommended). Running a biz. involves making compromises to retain future sales. In this thread alone, he lost a sale & decent margin $s.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #13
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Make sure you hold EVERY retailer here that has sold HID kits. Also, go do some searching and see how many online places will refund you shipping costs on anything you buy. Some will even charge you a 15-20% restocking fee. Some of you guys act like this is a Civic forum . You sit here and bitch about a couple of bucks.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogy View Post
So in your polluted mind, the company should absorb the cost of shipping ? Go run a business and get back to me on that.
polluted mind! I am in charge of over $50 million business with china manufactures. If my customer complains about the goods that they received and will not accept any discount, I will have to get the goods out from their warehouse and air ship the new fixed goods at my cost. This is how the business should run buddy!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Make sure you hold EVERY retailer here that has sold HID kits. Also, go do some searching and see how many online places will refund you shipping costs on anything you buy. Some will even charge you a 15-20% restocking fee. Some of you guys act like this is a Civic forum . You sit here and b!tch about a couple of bucks.
Just becasue we drive a BMW and we can afford on get stiff on couple of bucks? We are just express ourself and letting others know what we gone through. Of course some might be in favorite on you and some might not. Anyway, I have no offense to you ever Kloogy!!
Peace out!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Keep doing business in China. This is the United States.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #17
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep

? You're obviously not seeing the point. No one gives a $hit about $20 shipping, it's the principle. I'm also am in business (hotels) and, guess what, you have to sit by your guarantees. If a guest isn't happy and you have a policy of "100% satisfaction," you have to back it up w/some sort of comp. when the guest expresses their dissatisfaction. You can't sit there and say, "The room's $200/nite, you rolled in here in your 7 series and what's it matter, your company's paying...stop bitching."

Same thing applies here. His guarantee was an error free kit. The kit wasn't error free. When asked, he tells ppl to go buy stuff from another vendor to make his own kit work. Turns out, that doesn't even fix the prob. To add insult to injury, you gotta pay for return shipping after going thru all the other BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Keep doing business in China. This is the United States.
I guess you have no idea how much does United States import from China every year....never mind, you will not understand!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
XenonDepot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Does wanting an E90 count?

Thanks for the support guys. I definitely do my best =)

You really need to be careful when buying products online as opposed to a brick+mortar store. You can't exactly drive up to a website and demand a refund if the problem does not work as advertised. You really need to make sure you are buying from a reputable vendor.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Thanks for the support guys. I definitely do my best =)

You really need to be careful when buying products online as opposed to a brick+mortar store. You can't exactly drive up to a website and demand a refund if the problem does not work as advertised. You really need to make sure you are buying from a reputable vendor.

Steve
I purchased an H8 35w HID Fog light kit for my e92 BMW 328i and i installed them with the resistor's you sent and they work PERFECTLY! I was hoping you can help me with a new project of mine? I am purchasing a pair of H8 LED bulbs to replace the stock H8 35w Angel Eye/ DRL. The website that i'm buying the LED's from is trying to sell me 50w load resistor's but i've heard you need to order 35w resistor's.

All i know is that the resistor's you sent with my HID kit worked perfectly w/ no bulb out warning and i'd like to not have any warnings with these LED's i'm installing. Can you give me the wattage specification on the resistor's you sent with the HID's you sent me? Or better yet, can i buy them from kbcarstuff.com? Do you have a link?
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0