E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > E90 Power distribution fault

10-20-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
jake11
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW 330i E90

E90 Power distribution fault

So last week driving home from work and i hear a poping sound followed by an airbag light and restraining fault. Determined the Battery Safety terminal was triggered. I needed to drive the car so i attached the cable back and continued to drive for the week until my new part came. today just as the part arrived the car has began to act weird, on cold start i pressed the start button and nothing happened pressed again and the car started. later on my part arrived and i went back out to bring the car in the garage to exchange the new positive battery cable, again didnt start on first press or second but on the 3rd after shutting ignition off completely and retrying. got it to start and changed the part over in the garage. finished exchanging , cleared codes and the car started straight away. let it warm up before turning it off and trying to start it again, this time it wont start the car seems to crank once, ignition clicks on , fuel pump primes but no more power is delivered to the starter and no codes have apeared. Anyone got any advice on what to do ?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
sd01
Rep
Drives: 328i

Did you read the codes before clearing them? Did any of them come back after the engine failed to start?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Sounds like you may have killed the battery. Try charging but I recommend replacing
Appreciate 0