E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan Stg. III underway, OC vs. foglight issue

05-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Stg. III E92 335i

Dinan Stg. III underway, OC vs. foglight issue

So attorneyscott and I dropped our cars off this morning at Dinan authorized BMW delaership to have Dinan Stg. III software flashed, IC installed, along with the requisite OC installed. We both have 08 E92 6MT with OEM OC. I have aero lip and he has stock front bumper.

I recall 335iBaller mentioning that some mods were required to make the IC fit with auto tranny in his sedan....nothing about OC problems.

Attorneyscott and I get an email this afternoon from our SA stating that the Dinan OC will not fit unless the the passenger fog lamp is replaced. Keep in mind our SA is very knowledgeable and has owned 20+ tuned BMWs. I've never heard of this and I generally consider myself fairly abreast on Dinan issues. Can anybody confrim this? Any of you guys with Dinan OC encouter a similar issue?

My concern, other than getting wacked another $130, is that I have the GP Thunder bulbs in my fogs (attorneyscott is stock fogs)....I hope they dont mismatch my bulbs!

I will call Dinan in the morning and hopefully get to the bottom of this...

This is what the SA stated: "We need to replace the passenger fog lamp on both cars so the larger oil cooler will fit…I’m sure you have read the buzz about them, appx cost $130.00 with no additional labor".
"...here's a word of advice for those who have been saving their lunch money and patiently waiting for the E92 M3 V8 to come to our shores: If you encounter a 335i with a Dinan badge on the trunk, don't throw down for pink slips. This car is so fast in a straight-line drag that you'll have to hitchhike home." Roundel, April 2008 ||08 E92 335i 6MT / Montego Blue / Dinan Stage III, IC, OC, exhaust and Stage 1 Suspension / Morr VS8
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
335iBaller
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i!! twin turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1690 View Post
So attorneyscott and I dropped our cars off this morning at Dinan authorized BMW delaership to have Dinan Stg. III software flashed, IC installed, along with the requisite OC installed. We both have 08 E92 6MT with OEM OC. I have aero lip and he has stock front bumper.

I recall 335iBaller mentioning that some mods were required to make the IC fit with auto tranny in his sedan....nothing about OC problems.

Attorneyscott and I get an email this afternoon from our SA stating that the Dinan OC will not fit unless the the passenger fog lamp is replaced. Keep in mind our SA is very knowledgeable and has owned 20+ tuned BMWs. I've never heard of this and I generally consider myself fairly abreast on Dinan issues. Can anybody confrim this? Any of you guys with Dinan OC encouter a similar issue?

My concern, other than getting wacked another $130, is that I have the GP Thunder bulbs in my fogs (attorneyscott is stock fogs)....I hope they dont mismatch my bulbs!

This is what the SA stated: "We need to replace the passenger fog lamp on both cars so the larger oil cooler will fit…I’m sure you have read the buzz about them, appx cost $130.00 with no additional labor".
o man sorry to hear there is a problem with the oc fitting that is weird because the oc has been out for some time now... my car didnt have a problem with the oc juss the inter cooler... hope everything goes well
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
cyraschris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan Montego Blue 335i E92

Garage List
let us know what you find out. baller, you didn't have any issues with this? i'll most likely be getting the FMIC and OC installed as well, i have the steptronic E92 so I wonder if we'll find another issue with mine
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:

Good luck to you both! If they tell you they also have to modify your rear bumper to get everything to fit I'd start to be suspicious.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Fog Light Info

Here are the details from the install manual for the OC.

Let me know if you need anything.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf fog light.pdf (701.1 KB, 143 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Here are the details from the install manual for the OC.

Let me know if you need anything.
Cool. Great info. I appreciate it.
"...here's a word of advice for those who have been saving their lunch money and patiently waiting for the E92 M3 V8 to come to our shores: If you encounter a 335i with a Dinan badge on the trunk, don't throw down for pink slips. This car is so fast in a straight-line drag that you'll have to hitchhike home." Roundel, April 2008 ||08 E92 335i 6MT / Montego Blue / Dinan Stage III, IC, OC, exhaust and Stage 1 Suspension / Morr VS8
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Yep the fog lights need to be replaced. Happened to me too.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
attorneyscott
Smokin' a Siglo VI...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i, Dinan Stage 3

Thx Sparky

Yeah when you're spending 5 grand for a few horsepower, what's another 130? lol
'08 E92 335i black sapphire/saddle, 6MT, sport/prem., CA, PDC, Sirius, Ipod/usb, HDR, Htd. Sts., Dinan Stage 3 flash/oil cooler/intercooler/exhaust/Stage 3 susp., MORR VS7's, Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3s, BMW Perf. Parts STSK, Dinan/Quaife 3.08 LSD!!
'06 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged; Zambezi Silver/Ivory/Piano Black Wood, SICK NASTY In Car Entertainment - seriously, will make your brain bleed
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anybody know if my GP Thunder 7500k will fit in this new fog lamp? Ha. I wonder if the fogs will cast the same pattern as one will be the "longer" lens and one will be the "shorter" lens.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

The $130 isn't that bad, it could be worse. It is a BMW.

I have the entire OC manual so if you need a copy let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
sniper, your car needs to hurry up and be done I wanna see how that thing feels!

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
sniper, your car needs to hurry up and be done I wanna see how that thing feels!
Trust me, I know. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!?! Maybe they will tell me that Steve Dinan just decided that I need the Dinan by Brembo BBK in order to maintain my warranty as the car is too powerful and it can't be trusted without BBK.

Or maybe they will need to modify the headlights as the OEM xenon's don't operate at the necessary warp speed to keep up with the acceleration of Stg. III.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Trust me, I know. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!?! Maybe they will tell me that Steve Dinan just decided that I need the Dinan by Brembo BBK in order to maintain my warranty as the car is too powerful and it can't be trusted without BBK.

Or maybe they will need to modify the headlights as the OEM xenon's don't operate at the necessary warp speed to keep up with the acceleration of Stg. III.
I feel ya, hopefully it will all work out. BTW if your car is ready tomorrow let me know, im going to stett performance tomorrow afternoon just to check things out

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #14
Rusty's508whp
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335I Coupe/ 94 Supra TT

Quote:
Me too!
      05-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #15
Sniper1690
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I feel ya, hopefully it will all work out. BTW if your car is ready tomorrow let me know, im going to stett performance tomorrow afternoon just to check things out
Have you been to Stett? There's really not much too it...very small shop. Chad is a great guy though...you will get much more out of a conversation with him than he has stuff to look at. On the other side of Plano is Autoscope...Dinan dealer, much more impressive shop. If you go there, speak with Rick. I'll let you know if car is ready...doubtful though...prolly Wed.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #16
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Have you been to Stett? There's really not much too it...very small shop. Chad is a great guy though...you will get much more out of a conversation with him than he has stuff to look at. On the other side of Plano is Autoscope...Dinan dealer, much more impressive shop. If you go there, speak with Rick. I'll let you know if car is ready...doubtful though...prolly Wed.
well hell I'll go check them out too

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #17
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

I just got news on my Stg III install tomorrow that they have to wait for more parts so I gotta cancel.

The coupe and sedan need different intall kits and we already know the auto vs. manual is different.

Gonna be a bit of a wait now for me.

Hopefully it gets worked out for anyone a little further in the future.
Appreciate 0