BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Pricing on Black Grilles?

10-26-2017, 12:16 AM   #1
bjams
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2 LBB

Pricing on Black Grilles?

May have a line on an M2 at a dealer, but it's got black grilles (both kidney and side) and carbon fiber mirror caps.

It's LBB and while I don't mind the black, I think I like the chrome better with the paint color, and I definitely like the matching mirror color. Dealer also has marked it up by $2670 for, as best I can tell, only these 3 mods.

Does that sound right? A quick google shows you can get the black grille parts for only a couple hundred bucks, but I'm sure it's marked up a ton more as a custom build.

TBH I'd rather just go chrome and save the extra cash.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
///cbrash
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

I was also going to buy the car with those things, but I found much better deals out there.

I bought my black grill inserts from IND, $130 dollars. Install takes 30min and is extremely simple. As far as the other things... I bought the M performance spoiler from brian and sunmotor cars in PA. He sold me that and the blacked out side vents shipped for $540. I also put on the side vents, however, I had my dealer put the spoiler on for me. They charged 70 bucks for the spoiler install.

All and all I paid 740 for everything. I didnt get the side mirrors but I'm sure those are easy to install and you could get a far better deal.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
just blaze
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White

Skip all the dealerships add on and buy your car completely stock. Then go directly to Brian at sun motorcars like ///cbrash said and save yourself $$$$
      10-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
Skip all the dealerships add on and buy your car completely stock. Then go directly to Brian at sun motorcars like ///cbrash said and save yourself $$$$
What he said.....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1

All those parts can be had for under $800 from brian, get the 2er grills and swap out the surrounds (<$100). Install everything yourself, mirrors and grills install should take no more than 45 min if you've never done it and you're being careful, 25 min if you have. Just be prepared to get some scrapes on your arm for the grill install!
Appreciate 0