F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Enhanced Bluetooth coding query
Extreme Powerhouse

10-26-2017, 05:12 AM   #1
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport

Enhanced Bluetooth coding query

So i bit the bullet and bought the Bimmercode app and VGate iCar2 Wifi for the F30 and coded in some gimmicks etc. I trawled a few forums and got a list of all the codes to change in expert mode for Enhanced Bluetooth. And it does seem to work. But i have a problem!!

“Music” from my iPhone is playing perfectly fine. However in Podcasts it plays fine, but there is no sound coming through!! Though when i switch back from playing via Podcasts over to Music....a split second of sound comes from Podcasts and then it immediately switches over to play Music perfectly fine again.

Any ideas what could be happening???
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 05:27 AM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Have you tried switching the car to radio then back to media? I need to do that sometimes for my bt to play properly.
Appreciate 1
JLR19691882.00
      10-26-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Have you tried switching the car to radio then back to media? I need to do that sometimes for my bt to play properly.
Yeah tried that and it still doesnt play podcasts. Just notice as well that when playing music is shows up the track filename of one song and when you change the song, it changes the music. But keeps the track filename of the original song played!

So currently listening to a John O’Callaghan set, and its still showing up on my screen that im listening to Format:B (i was listening to Format:B when i first set up the enhanced bluetooth, to test the coding out!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #4
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell_RS View Post
Yeah tried that and it still doesnt play podcasts. Just notice as well that when playing music is shows up the track filename of one song and when you change the song, it changes the music. But keeps the track filename of the original song played!

So currently listening to a John O’Callaghan set, and its still showing up on my screen that im listening to Format:B (i was listening to Format:B when i first set up the enhanced bluetooth, to test the coding out!!
Yea that happens to mine too, again switching to radio and back fixes it on mine every time though.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #5
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Yea that happens to mine too, again switching to radio and back fixes it on mine every time though.
Tried everything. Still wont work.

Regarding the filenames. When i close the music app and open and again and hit shuffle, that first song now becomes the primary filename up on the screen. And stays there even when the track is changed
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
BimmerMad
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 wheeler

You need to VO code to enable EBT. BimmerCode only does FDL coding.

You need to use Esys.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Tried everything. Still wont work.

Regarding the filenames. When i close the music app and open and again and hit shuffle, that first song now becomes the primary filename up on the screen. And stays there even when the track is changed
Have you tried completely un-pairing the phone from the car and then re-pairing it?

Also turning the phone off and back on again clears some faults.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #8
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post

You need to use Esys.
I don't think that should make a difference as VO coding is just a method of doing multiple FDL coding changes in one go.

His Bluetooth music streaming works fine so i'd say EBT has been coded properly.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #9
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried completely un-pairing the phone from the car and then re-pairing it?

Also turning the phone off and back on again clears some faults.
Yeah mate. Done all that too. At least i know it works in general as i can listen to all the music i want. Just not podcasts lol
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #10
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post

You need to use Esys.
You got a link to download the e-sys??
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #11
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Well i deleted all personal profile data from iDrive. Restarted my phone, synced my phone to the car again like i done when i got it, and now its all working as it should now!! Woohoo. Result!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #12
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
You got a link to download the e-sys??
shawnsheridan is the man for esys

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #13
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well i deleted all personal profile data from iDrive. Restarted my phone, synced my phone to the car again like i done when i got it, and now its all working as it should now!! Woohoo. Result!!
Thought it might do it!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #14
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Quote:
So i bit the bullet and bought the Bimmercode app and VGate iCar2 Wifi for the F30 and coded in some gimmicks etc. I trawled a few forums and got a list of all the codes to change in expert mode for Enhanced Bluetooth. And it does seem to work. But i have a problem!!

“Music” from my iPhone is playing perfectly fine. However in Podcasts it plays fine, but there is no sound coming through!! Though when i switch back from playing via Podcasts over to Music....a split second of sound comes from Podcasts and then it immediately switches over to play Music perfectly fine again.

Any ideas what could be happening???
Hi Maxwell_RS, I happened across your post on using the bimmercode app to code enhanced Bluetooth to stream music. I'm looking at doing the same. I don't really get the whole VO or FA coding using esys or whatever, so was hoping I could just do it using the bimmercode app.

I searched the forum and couldn't really find the set of options to change in expert mode to get this to work. Do you mind sharing what you changed using the app in expert mode to get music streaming to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00
      11-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
Hi Maxwell_RS, I happened across your post on using the bimmercode app to code enhanced Bluetooth to stream music. I'm looking at doing the same. I don't really get the whole VO or FA coding using esys or whatever, so was hoping I could just do it using the bimmercode app.

I searched the forum and couldn't really find the set of options to change in expert mode to get this to work. Do you mind sharing what you changed using the app in expert mode to get music streaming to work?

I found a list to go by online, as to what you activate/deactivate in Expert Mode.

A few days after this thread the iDrive screen went blank and rebooted again. And the usb port messes about. I contacted a guy who was a main dealer technician for 15yrs, who now works on his own. He reset everything back to factory settings and everything works fine now.

He maintains than ANY sort of aftermarket coding (even with e-sys) is dangerous and the CAS module can easily fail, so not worth doing. He even refused to code in Enhanced Bluetooth for me there and then with all the proper BMW softeare!! So im just gonna make do with what i have now and will just search for a well specced car in future.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #16
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Quote:
Quote:

I found a list to go by online, as to what you activate/deactivate in Expert Mode.

A few days after this thread the iDrive screen went blank and rebooted again. And the usb port messes about. I contacted a guy who was a main dealer technician for 15yrs, who now works on his own. He reset everything back to factory settings and everything works fine now.

He maintains than ANY sort of aftermarket coding (even with e-sys) is dangerous and the CAS module can easily fail, so not worth doing. He even refused to code in Enhanced Bluetooth for me there and then with all the proper BMW softeare!! So im just gonna make do with what i have now and will just search for a well specced car in future.
Do you by chance have a link to that online list you found? Just curious to take a look and see if it's daunting or not to try.

Good also to know that the coding may have impacted other stuff on the idrive and USB. Has the rebooting happened before?

I only ask cause my idrive rebooted randomly a couple times before, exactly like you described. Also my USB port flickers between on/off all the time when my phone is plugged in. But I haven't even coded anything yet... hmm
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 03:18 AM   #17
Maxwell_RS
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Do you by chance have a link to that online list you found? Just curious to take a look and see if it's daunting or not to try.

Good also to know that the coding may have impacted other stuff on the idrive and USB. Has the rebooting happened before?

I only ask cause my idrive rebooted randomly a couple times before, exactly like you described. Also my USB port flickers between on/off all the time when my phone is plugged in. But I haven't even coded anything yet... hmm
If you look at tge bimmercode vs carly thread on here, you can see people with no coding have had that issue and ended up having to go to dealers and get a software update and/or iDrive replaced.

Regarding the list, i will pm you. 👍🏻
Appreciate 1