E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BT and Nokia 6230i SIM update

03-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
mhoutman
Private
Rep
Drives: E87 130i/E91 325i Touring

BT and Nokia 6230i SIM update

I added a number on my Nokia 6230i's SIM card and discovered that this new number is not immediately available on the iDrive screen. Even when restarting the car it became not visible. It only came available when I rebooted the phone.

Is this the only way to update the internal iDrive system with the latest added numbers ?

TIA.

M.
MY '06 E91 325i Touring "High Executive" and MY '06 E81 130i "High Executive" Color: Monaco Blue, Interior: black Dakota leather, Transmission: manual 6-speed Other options: sportsuspension, AFS, (panorama) sunroof, M-Sport headlining, Bridgestone Potenza RFT, ACC, LOGIC 7, PDC, foldable mirrors, ski-bag etc. etc. etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Don't forget that it takes a while to download the phone book.

I was playing with my new V3 and experimenting with how best to organise the phone book. One evening, I completely rewrote my phonebook (On the phone, away from the car). I did not know what to expect in terms of resynchronising with the car. Next morning, I had no chance to play as I had to get on the move to the office, but I did leave the car on the phonebook screen to see what happened. Initially it displayed the list from the previous day, but a few minutes into the journey it displayed the new entries.
Appreciate 0