E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bimmian LEDS

05-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Bimmian LEDS

Has anyone ever got these LEDS to work in their E92? I just received my replacements and I'm having the same problems. Support is minimal for these bulbs, instead of Bimmian looking after me and taking the time to come and look at the problem, they send me one defective LED after another. I'm thinking about writing these off and looking into another manufacturer. Reccomendations anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Has anyone ever got these LEDS to work in their E92? I just received my replacements and I'm having the same problems. Support is minimal for these bulbs, instead of Bimmian looking after me and taking the time to come and look at the problem, they send me one defective LED after another. I'm thinking about writing these off and looking into another manufacturer. Reccomendations anyone?
What's the problem this time? Shinchan and I have an extensive list of LED bulbs that we used to construct our fully functional set of interior LEDs.
      05-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
What's the problem this time? Shinchan and I have an extensive list of LED bulbs that we used to construct our fully functional set of interior LEDs.
I have a full LED interior set-up as well, almost the same as the e92, with the exception of the e92 having 2 74 bulbs for the rear
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
They are completely hit and miss. You have to try several combinations just to get them working. Once you finally hit the jackpot, turn the engine on and they are all dead. At this point I would only need 6 LEDS for the front and rear interior domes and the two in the license plates. All the others work fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They are completely hit and miss. You have to try several combinations just to get them working. Once you finally hit the jackpot, turn the engine on and they are all dead. At this point I would only need 6 LEDS for the front and rear interior domes and the two in the license plates. All the others work fine.
Apparently, the only ones that would work with the map lights in the dome lights are the Bellof Sirius Revo LEDs. For the dome light proper, you can try the Bavauto 24LED. They work well for me.
      05-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
OUCH!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Apparently, the only ones that would work with the map lights in the dome lights are the Bellof Sirius Revo LEDs. For the dome light proper, you can try the Bavauto 24LED. They work well for me.
Link please...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Link please...
I thought I already give you the link on the other thread!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
http://www.bavauto.com

For the Bellof LEDs, I have to order through a shopping agent in Japan and they are sorta expensive. You can see it here:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/carshop/10054797/

I use this shopping agent: http://www.fromjapan.co.jp
      05-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
bimmian
Rep
Drives: X5

Mark: You were the first one in THE WORLD to get this kit. Your car was our test car. You knew this. That is why i gave you the kit HALF PRICE, and spent over 2 hours installing them in the car.

Yes, they dont work right IN SOME VEHICLES (most they work fine - you are one of the unlucky few for reasons unknown - making the problem HARDER TO SOLVE). We are researching ways to fix this. For you to say that "support is minimal"... we are in contact several times a week. We have shipped you 3 sets of new bulbs to try. that is not a fair statement

I have always treated you with respect and attempted to give you the best service possible. In emails you seem friendly, and seem understanding, and always open to accepting new offers i have for you to get this set straightened out, then you create this, your SECOND POSTING complaining about my serivce behind my back.

I have done nothing but serve you well, yes, your kit doesnt work right at this moment, yes i am working on a solution. If i had one, you would have it, but we are working on it and i am doing everything i can to work with you in the mean time and minimize your disruption.

please uninstall the kit and bring it back to me. I will refund your money. I would rather not have someone complaining about my service and my products after all the assistance that i have given them.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
Mark: You were the first one in THE WORLD to get this kit. Your car was our test car. You knew this. That is why i gave you the kit HALF PRICE, and spent over 2 hours installing them in the car.

Yes, they dont work right IN SOME VEHICLES (most they work fine - you are one of the unlucky few for reasons unknown - making the problem HARDER TO SOLVE). We are researching ways to fix this. For you to say that "support is minimal"... we are in contact several times a week. We have shipped you 3 sets of new bulbs to try. that is not a fair statement

I have always treated you with respect and attempted to give you the best service possible. In emails you seem friendly, and seem understanding, and always open to accepting new offers i have for you to get this set straightened out, then you create this, your SECOND POSTING complaining about my serivce behind my back.

I have done nothing but serve you well, yes, your kit doesnt work right at this moment, yes i am working on a solution. If i had one, you would have it, but we are working on it and i am doing everything i can to work with you in the mean time and minimize your disruption.

please uninstall the kit and bring it back to me. I will refund your money. I would rather not have someone complaining about my service and my products after all the assistance that i have given them.

There's the other side of the story.

Wow!
      05-21-2008, 08:15 AM   #12
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

Kev.. let me know when u receive teh bellof led.. and how they look.. are they bright or complete waste of money...
      05-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Dude, I can come by your place before work and show you. They LOOK AWESOME and WORKS when the engine is on. You got PM~
      05-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Question

Quote:
I would like to order the Bavauto 24 LED for my e92 2008 328i coupe dome light. Do you mean the dome light that is in the center of the roof of the car or the center light in between the two "map lights"

Does Bavauto sell an LED that perfectly fits the map lights?

I'm hoping this pic can better illustrate what i mean.

Attachment 156566

Last edited by kennethpetro; 05-29-2008 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
I would like to order the Bavauto 24 LED for my e92 2008 328i coupe dome light. Do you mean the dome light that is in the center of the roof of the car or the center light in between the two "map lights"

Does Bavauto sell an LED that perfectly fits the map lights?

I'm hoping this pic can better illustrate what i mean.

Attachment 156566
Nope, no map lights that would work from BavAuto..... and you are right about the dome light, the 24LED will work.
      05-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #16
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Nope, no map lights that would work from BavAuto..... and you are right about the dome light, the 24LED will work.
So i would have to buy two seperate 24LED's for the light that's in between the two map lights uses a 24 LED.

Attachment 156572

Both circles are considered "dome lights" right? So i can buy two seperate 24 LED's from Bavauto and they will fit perfectly in both right?

Last edited by kennethpetro; 05-29-2008 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
So i would have to buy two seperate 24LED's for the light that's in between the two map lights uses a 24 LED.

Attachment 156572

Both circles are considered "dome lights" right? So i can buy two seperate 24 LED's from Bavauto and they will fit perfectly in both right?
Exactly as stated
      05-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post

Quote:

There's the other side of the story.

Wow!
interesting!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #19
LaYzEe
Major
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Dude, I can come by your place before work and show you. They LOOK AWESOME and WORKS when the engine is on. You got PM~
show us pics!!!! im gonna buy me a set once i hear more good stories about these leds.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #20
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaYzEe View Post
show us pics!!!! im gonna buy me a set once i hear more good stories about these leds.
I'll try but be forewarned. It's very tough to capture the amount of lighting on a camera. Also, I'm not a vendor on the forum and don't sell these LEDs. I'm just a regular enthusiast trying to help other forum members out by testing different bulbs.
      05-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #21
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
I'll try but be forewarned. It's very tough to capture the amount of lighting on a camera. Also, I'm not a vendor on the forum and don't sell these LEDs. I'm just a regular enthusiast trying to help other forum members out by testing different bulbs.
And that's the EXACT reason i'm following your updates so closely! So many sites will claim proper fitment for entire LED sets but rarely do they work 100%.

Thanks for the updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #22
urnone
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 335i E92

im gonna need help for LEDs for my e92...
Mods: Painted Reflectors, GP Thunder Angels, Rear Fogs, 20% Tints, Front Aero Lip, Alarm, Black Layovers, Pearlescent Brake Handle, Debadge, ACS Roofspoiler, LED license plate, 6000k HID & HID Fogs, LED footwell mod
Click to see my BMW plate collection

Appreciate 0