E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E93 muffler/midpipes question... please chime in!!

05-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

E93 muffler/midpipes question... please chime in!!

Ive asked this question but couldnt really get a direct answer. The undercarriage for the E93 is different than the E92, and a lot of E92 catback systems need to be modified to fit the E93. That being said... I dont feel like dealing with that .. Plus I wouldnt mind saving some money.. so I wanted to take an easier/cheaper route and just have a muffler shop cut out the secondary cats as well as the resonators and install a piece of straight pipe for both. The only aftermarket pieces I wish to purchase would be a muffler and catless down pipes.

This may seem like a dumb question... probably is, but just wanted to make sure before I went ahead with this. With having a muffler shop do the straight pipes instead of buying mid pipes.... will I yield the same effect as far as power and sound go, as compared to actually buying a catback setup thats catless and non resonated? I mean all those aftermarket midpipes are... well... pipes, without cats or resonators.

And my last question is..... With catless down pipes, and a fully catless and nonresonated exhaust.... Which muffler would be ideal to go with? I want something that is loud, thats for sure. But I am trying to avoid the Agency Power sound at all costs. I dont want loud but ricey/crappy sound. I was thinking of the bastuck quad muffler until I found out it needs to be cut and welded or clamped, which turned me off. I want something that bolts directly onto the stock piping.

Thanks
Appreciate 0