BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: (2018,x3,m40) 2016,x3 2009,335

Nov Production Question

I purchased my car in very early November and had been given a 11/2017 production date with a Mid-December delivery (Canada)

I've been calling BMW Canada to see if the production number my dealer gave me has turned into something, and they keep saying they have nothing on file.

With this being the last week of November, should I worry?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
BMWX3DRIVER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

My dealer said my order was showing Nov. 17th assembly, and later when I asked for update sometime last week, he said now it shows Dec. 8th as estimated delivery.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3DRIVER View Post
My dealer said my order was showing Nov. 17th assembly, and later when I asked for update sometime last week, he said now it shows Dec. 8th as estimated delivery.
I ordered mine at the end of Oct, my car went production at Nov 10, still have no information about the exactly delivery dates
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
BMWX3DRIVER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasxu View Post
I ordered mine at the end of Oct, my car went production at Nov 10, still have no information about the exactly delivery dates
I don't know how the orders are sequenced.
In signed on the paper on Oct. 28th and he said he submitted my order the following Monday morning.
Initially when I was signing, he said 'expect it to be Dec. production'...but later on sometime earlier this month, he said 'it shows Nov. 17th assembly on the system'.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3DRIVER View Post
Quote:
I don't know how the orders are sequenced.
In signed on the paper on Oct. 28th and he said he submitted my order the following Monday morning.
Initially when I was signing, he said 'expect it to be Dec. production'...but later on sometime earlier this month, he said 'it shows Nov. 17th assembly on the system'.
But according to the system, it is said my car finished production at Nov 25th. And it may need 2 weeks to delivery
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
Seaz
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: (2018,x3,m40) 2016,x3 2009,335

So I got an update. Apparently when I ordered my car they used a dealer order that was already booked and just edited with my options. Production week is 48. So unless nothing gets deleted, It should get produced this week

I've read stuff about some options like lane change assist not being added unless your production is in december. Not sure what that a about but it's bullshit. Come on BMW. Give us fully loaded cars and proper steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #7
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

I got a dealer allocation for Week 48 also. BMW Canada has no details either. When I call the US Genius line and enter my VIN for a Vehicle Production Update it tells me my Vehicle is in transit.

Can anyone at BMW get their stories straight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaz View Post
So I got an update. Apparently when I ordered my car they used a dealer order that was already booked and just edited with my options. Production week is 48. So unless nothing gets deleted, It should get produced this week

I've read stuff about some options like lane change assist not being added unless your production is in december. Not sure what that a about but it's bullshit. Come on BMW. Give us fully loaded cars and proper steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaz View Post

I visited my SA today. Asked about lane change assist on December production. It is clear in the video on the Canadian website that Lane Change assist is part of Driving Assistant Plus as of December production.

I was informed that it would not be on any Canadian cars. He also told me that we will not have Cross Roads Warning either. The list of broken promises gets longer and longer. Apparently there have been 9 revisions to the ordering guide. My SA said that this is a record considering that the car was launched here two weeks ago. Most cars don't get that many revisions in 2 years.

Then again, maybe BMW Canada is wrong, once again.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #9
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I visited my SA today. Asked about lane change assist on December production. It is clear in the video on the Canadian website that Lane Change assist is part of Driving Assistant Plus as of December production.

I was informed that it would not be on any Canadian cars. He also told me that we will not have Cross Roads Warning either. The list of broken promises gets longer and longer. Apparently there have been 9 revisions to the ordering guide. My SA said that this is a record considering that the car was launched here two weeks ago. Most cars don't get that many revisions in 2 years.

If it isn't coming to Canada, I can't imagine it'll be coming to the USA... It seems like most of those videos were made for the Euro market despite the guy with the North American accent. There was just so much confusion. Anyway, who knows - maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. Because of some ambiguity on how an option was bundled, I didn't pick up an option I should have.

That being said, after receiving and driving my car, I felt a lot better and am happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #10
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

There doesn't seem to be any Crossroads Warning mention/description in any of the Drive Assistant sections of the Canadian, US or UK website.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #11
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmusic View Post
There doesn't seem to be any Crossroads Warning mention/description in any of the Drive Assistant sections of the Canadian, US or UK website.
It is on the Canadian website in the section Product Details, Connectivity and Driver Assistance about 80% of the way through the video.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #12
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Other than the video it doesn't show up anywhere not even for the 5 Series which had the same Crossroads Warning in its launch video in 2016.

Quote:
Quote:
It is on the Canadian website in the section Product Details, Connectivity and Driver Assistance about 80% of the way through the video.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #13
MdW86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 320i 2012

Quote:
Other than the video it doesn't show up anywhere not even for the 5 Series which had the same Crossroads Warning in its launch video in 2016.
Both options are listed in de Dutch pricelist as part of the Driving assistent plus package (“cross-traffic Warning” and “Side collision warning”).
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #14
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno86 View Post
Both options are listed in de Dutch pricelist as part of the Driving assistent plus package (“cross-traffic Warning” and “Side collision warning”).
BMW NL marketing is competent. They were the first to show Sunstone metallic - which is available in many markets as of next weeks' production. They also showed merino leather options before others did. They check their information, test the site and then go live.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #15
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

My Nov build is still delayed. Was expected to be built this Week# 48. I wonder how much backlog there is.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #16
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just checked my VIN it now shows a production date of today. I guess it's done.
What's the point of calling BMW Canada if they don't have accurate information.

Quote:
My Nov build is still delayed. Was expected to be built this Week# 48. I wonder how much backlog there is.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
voyagergab
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 6MT, G01/F97 X3M

Quote:
Hi. What site do you use to check for the production date?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
lucasxu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Quote:
Hi. What site do you use to check for the production date?
Bimmer work
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #19
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Bimmer Work or https://www.bmwvin.com/ (you can export to PDF)

Quote:
Bimmer work
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #20
voyagergab
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 6MT, G01/F97 X3M

Thanks guys
I've been checking bummer.work periodically, it shows up there as build date of 01-01-0001.
The bmwvin site has not been working for my VIN at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

That means your X3 hasn't been built yet. When you see a date that's the day your build was completed. I wondered the same thing at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Thanks guys
I've been checking bummer.work periodically, it shows up there as build date of 01-01-0001.
The bmwvin site has not been working for my VIN at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #22
BMWX3DRIVER
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That means your X3 hasn't been built yet. When you see a date that's the day your build was completed. I wondered the same thing at first.
Just talked to my dealer.
Assembly was Nov 17th.
Initial estimated delivery was Dec. 8th.
Now it says it's on rail (train?) and revised estimated delivery Dec. 12th.
If no issue and a very vast inspection & required work, I may be able to pick up Dec. 16th..but most probably the following Monday.
I will ask to put winter tires anyway, so it's probably after Dec. 16th.
Appreciate 0