Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
Anyone see this one?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-13/

PacNW car with low-miles.
Prices seem to be holding!
Hopefully this isn't that one that "JordanZ Motorz" has had for sale since the last century :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

It always seems that the modded cars sell for less than a complete stock one.
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

This is buddalun's I think, over in the Members Classified.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Hopefully this isn't that one that "JordanZ Motorz" has had for sale since the last century :-)
It is certainly not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
This is buddalun's I think, over in the Members Classified.
Yes, this is my car for sale. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Good luck, then!
      12-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #7
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone see this one?

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone see this one?

Haha that car has been there forever! I wonder why it hasn't sold yet, it's not a terrible deal
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
Haha that car has been there forever! I wonder why it hasn't sold yet, it's not a terrible deal
They can't really want to sell it if it's really what it is supposed to be and they are really in the business of selling cars.

Maybe you should go check it out and report back to us?
      12-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They can't really want to sell it if it's really what it is supposed to be and they are really in the business of selling cars.

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt they'd let me drive it. I've seen it on their secondary show room for the rarer cars a year ago with my friend when I was looking for a car. They kept giving us dirty looks and were really short with us and not helpful at all. I get that I'm only 21, but still
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #10
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I doubt they'd let me drive it. I've seen it on their secondary show room for the rarer cars a year ago with my friend when I was looking for a car. They kept giving us dirty looks and were really short with us and not helpful at all. I get that I'm only 21, but still
I always thought people in Portland were nicer than that :-)
      12-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #11
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I always thought people in Portland were nicer than that :-)
Unfortunately car dealerships are the same everywhere lol
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #12
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Why is this one not selling? Seems like a fair price for what it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #13
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Why is this one not selling? Seems like a fair price for what it is.
Which one, the one being auctioned or the one I mentioned from the used car dealer in Portland?

One can only speculate on the latter.

As to the one being auctioned, owned by a forum member, it isn't over until it is over. There's a bit more than 10 minutes left. A popular technique on internet auctions is for serious bidders to remain unknown until the last few seconds and then to place a "sniping" bid. The theory is that bids attract other bids, so if you want the best price you don't bid until the very end.

Alternatively, that might be what the people looking for this car this moment value it at. The current price isn't terrible, it's more than the car sold for when new.
      12-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #14
dkat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW Z8, 2011 1M, 2020 Por

Sold at $58,000 + BaT fee $2,900 = $60,900
I think market price based on mileage.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #15
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkat View Post
Sold at $58,000 + BaT fee $2,900 = $60,900
I think market price based on mileage.
By definition, it sold at market price

The cars which would be considered "collectible" at this point in time, which I would personally define as those in good condition for age and whose mileage is under 50,000, would probably range from ~$50K upwards, probably peaking somewhere in the $60 thousands for your most museum-quality car with the lowest possible mileage.

As "collectible" cars age, the "permissible" mileage to be considered "collectible" must by necessity go up, otherwise all "collectible" cars would need to reside in museums and not be driven further. So, in another 5 years your 1M with 60K miles on it could again be considered collectible, and so forth :-)
      12-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #16
SLC801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB Z4MC

Quote:
By definition, it sold at market price

The cars which would be considered "collectible" at this point in time, which I would personally define as those in good condition for age and whose mileage is under 50,000, would probably range from ~$50K upwards, probably peaking somewhere in the $60 thousands for your most museum-quality car with the lowest possible mileage.

As "collectible" cars age, the "permissible" mileage to be considered "collectible" must by necessity go up, otherwise all "collectible" cars would need to reside in museums and not be driven further. So, in another 5 years your 1M with 60K miles on it could again be considered collectible, and so forth :-)
Would be interested in hearing your (and anyone else’s) view on optioned vs base cars on the above. Seems some covet the manual seats for being lower and the weight savings overall from base cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #17
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

I think the Navi is the least desirable option on the car (or any potentially collectable car because it gets outdated so quickly).

Of course, I would take a mint navi car over a so-so non-navi car any day of the week.
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #18
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would be interested in hearing your (and anyone else’s) view on optioned vs base cars on the above. Seems some covet the manual seats for being lower and the weight savings overall from base cars.
I wasn't in the market for a 1M when they were originally sold, so I also don't have great knowledge of the options presented to buyers at the time of ordering. There are long running sticky threads at the top of this forum that probably address some of these issues.

The M2 has hardly any choices in the US at least, you can get the "Executive Package" or not, some extra black grills, a sunroof, a choice of exterior colors, and that is about it. The 1M offered a few more choices.

With the 1M, the question is, "what are you going to be confronted with in the resale market?" There were some differences in the cars that were sold in Canada, vs. those sold in the USA, and a lot of the originally-Canadian cars have migrated south, like so many snowbirds in November, so that also needs to be considered :-)

Basically, the car was not available with a sunroof, so they are all "slicktops," which type (without sunroof) would probably be considered more desirable except for the fact that all of them are that way. Navigation and "idrive" (they came together) are a biggie, and I for one don't care for the navigation system and screen in the 1-Series, which is the same in the 1M. So some might want the Nav, and many will not. The Nav can be easily and cheaply updated; there is a forum member who sells the download codes necessary to update the mapping, and the cost was $50 the last time I checked. I have Nav in my 135i Coupe; I don't like it, but I did update it last year because it is there.

I believe that all, or nearly all, of the North American bound 1Ms came with the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo, which is worth having in my opinion; the basic stereo in the 1 Series is nothing to write home about.

Then we get to the whole notion of the "stripper" cars, which a handful might show up from time to time on the resale market. Personally speaking, I don't think that a stripper with manual seats is worth 10 cents more than one with power seats, and the 2 or 3 other things that were "stripped out" in the strippers can't possibly add up to enough weight to notice, unless you think that leaving the floor mats out will lighten up the car . . . . some will disagree.

Basically, those are your choices.
      12-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #19
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
I wasn't in the market for a 1M when they were originally sold, so I also don't have great knowledge of the options presented to buyers at the time of ordering. There are long running sticky threads at the top of this forum that probably address some of these issues.

The M2 has hardly any choices in the US at least, you can get the "Executive Package" or not, some extra black grills, a sunroof, a choice of exterior colors, and that is about it. The 1M offered a few more choices.

With the 1M, the question is, "what are you going to be confronted with in the resale market?" There were some differences in the cars that were sold in Canada, vs. those sold in the USA, and a lot of the originally-Canadian cars have migrated south, like so many snowbirds in November, so that also needs to be considered :-)

Basically, the car was not available with a sunroof, so they are all "slicktops," which type (without sunroof) would probably be considered more desirable except for the fact that all of them are that way. Navigation and "idrive" (they came together) are a biggie, and I for one don't care for the navigation system and screen in the 1-Series, which is the same in the 1M. So some might want the Nav, and many will not. The Nav can be easily and cheaply updated; there is a forum member who sells the download codes necessary to update the mapping, and the cost was $50 the last time I checked. I have Nav in my 135i Coupe; I don't like it, but I did update it last year because it is there.

I believe that all, or nearly all, of the North American bound 1Ms came with the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo, which is worth having in my opinion; the basic stereo in the 1 Series is nothing to write home about.

Then we get to the whole notion of the "stripper" cars, which a handful might show up from time to time on the resale market. Personally speaking, I don't think that a stripper with manual seats is worth 10 cents more than one with power seats, and the 2 or 3 other things that were "stripped out" in the strippers can't possibly add up to enough weight to notice, unless you think that leaving the floor mats out will lighten up the car . . . . some will disagree.

Basically, those are your choices.
The 1M was the swing song of the (nearly) analogue M car. For my 2c, the closer the spec to 'base' the truer the car is to that mission.

I think time will be kinder to 1Ms with the least amount of tech? as the car itself (and those who seek it) are searching for something that can no longer be bought new.
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00
      12-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #20
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
The 1M was the swing song of the (nearly) analogue M car. For my 2c, the closer the spec to 'base' the truer the car is to that mission.

I think time will be kinder to 1Ms with the least amount of tech? as the car itself (and those who seek it) are searching for something that can no longer be bought new.
Different people will obviously be searching for different things. As to your analogue point, the entire E82/E88 1-Series fits your description, not just the 1M. There has yet to be any groundswell of interest in the 1-Series for it's analogue characteristics, but perhaps that will come with time.