E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Upgrading to PROcede V2.

05-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Upgrading to PROcede V2.

I'm very excited,I've had PROcede V1.47 in my car for over 15K miles,the car still runs strong and never been in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance and a couple windshield replacements...and still on the original spark plugs.
I Autocross my car and had it at the drag strip a couple of times.Except for my rims and tires and PROcede the car is stock.

I'm very excited about the V2,will install it soon.What are the advantages of the V2 over the V1.I know there is a search function but I'd love to hear from people who went from v1 to v2.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

If I were, I'd wait for the v3 PNP to be available and do the all the upgrades at once. After all, you have waited long time to upgrade anyways. But it might be more fun if you try them three. I mean, why not?

But anyway, here is some of the advantages:

a) You can adjust the torque value ( you can boost less psi if you'd like to, or jump the values for those days you are using race gas)

b) V2 feels way more smoother than v1. With v1 the car felt like a maniac, with v2 the cars uses the power smarter ( not sure if you know what i mean, you'll feel it once you drive it after the upgrade).

c)V2 is suppose to produced more power if you have the right User Torque values set. For example, i was running mine at 94% across the whole band, shit, it was a beast. Now I have it on 92%, it feels smoother, those 2% really made a difference. My car was too torquey in 1st gear, it used to spin the tires in 3 gear too, not anymore. I data logged my car, but I didnt do it right, it said I was boosting "14.3" PSI. I will install the boost gauge today or tomorrow and confirm, I'd like to upper the values as they were before.

d) you can data log.

There are more than this, but these are the ones I'd like the most and are more noticeable.

GL
      05-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydlc View Post
If I were, I'd wait for the v3 PNP to be available and do the all the upgrades at once. After all, you have waited long time to upgrade anyways. But it might be more fun if you try them three. I mean, why not?

But anyway, here is some of the advantages:

a) You can adjust the torque value ( you can boost less psi if you'd like to, or jump the values for those days you are using race gas)

b) V2 feels way more smoother than v1. With v1 the car felt like a maniac, with v2 the cars uses the power smarter ( not sure if you know what i mean, you'll feel it once you drive it after the upgrade).

c)V2 is suppose to produced more power if you have the right User Torque values set. For example, i was running mine at 94% across the whole band, shit, it was a beast. Now I have it on 92%, it feels smoother, those 2% really made a difference. My car was too torquey in 1st gear, it used to spin the tires in 3 gear too, not anymore. I data logged my car, but I didnt do it right, it said I was boosting "14.3" PSI. I will install the boost gauge today or tomorrow and confirm, I'd like to upper the values as they were before.

d) you can data log.

There are more than this, but these are the ones I'd like the most and are more noticeable.

GL
Thanks! remydlc, great feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

I really liked my V1 for a few hundred miles. After that, I did not like how I could feel the power drop off after 5500 rpm or so.

I was however a bit afraid to upgrade to the v2 since some were complaining about the perceived loss of low end torque.

I ended up doing the upgrade, and I was really happy I did. The car just felt so much better, and faster. I did notice a little loss of that thump in the chest torque, but It really pulled hard up to about 6600. It was a very worthwhile upgrade for me.

That being said, if I were you, I might wait for V3...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I was a huge fan of the 1.47.
When i first went to V2, I was a little unhappy since the V1.47 tourque comes on a lot quicker.

But, I got my custom tune with the V2 and it kicks the crap out of the V1.47.

IMO, I believe that the V3 is going to feel more like the V1.47 with all of the goodies that the V2 came with.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thanks! sleepdoc and Mr. 5.

With the v2, to update to v3 can you just get a different firmware and maps since they have the same software reader or maybe intercept an extra wire as well.
PnP is nice but I can live with a v3 with the old school wire intercepts.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Thanks! sleepdoc and Mr. 5.

With the v2, to update to v3 can you just get a different firmware and maps since they have the same software reader or maybe intercept an extra wire as well.
PnP is nice but I can live with a v3 with the old school wire intercepts.
I recently took a V3 out of a car due to warranty reasons.
It looks like there is some sort of relay or something.
There is an extra wire or 2.
Everything else is V2, software, firmare.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I recently took a V3 out of a car due to warranty reasons.
It looks like there is some sort of relay or something.
There is an extra wire or 2.
Everything else is V2, software, firmare.
The v3 does incorporate a relay as well as 3 new wire looms. At first glance, the Doomsday version of it will look the same (except for pin locations on a couple of looms). And the relay will be 8 terminal, not 5. Firmware on v3 is different than v2. They both run the same User Software (for uploading, datalogging, UT adjustment, etc,.)

Cheers,
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
The v3 does incorporate a relay as well as 3 new wire looms. At first glance, the Doomsday version of it will look the same (except for pin locations on a couple of looms). And the relay will be 8 terminal, not 5. Firmware on v3 is different than v2. They both run the same User Software (for uploading, datalogging, UT adjustment, etc,.)

Cheers,
Shiv
Hey! Shiv.

What's the relay for also are you running the water pump directly? What are the other 3 looms for?
Man! one day you might end up intercepting all wires into the ECU. In the future for people out of warranty can you develop your own ECU,instead of using BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
I really liked my V1 for a few hundred miles. After that, I did not like how I could feel the power drop off after 5500 rpm or so.

I was however a bit afraid to upgrade to the v2 since some were complaining about the perceived loss of low end torque.

I ended up doing the upgrade, and I was really happy I did. The car just felt so much better, and faster. I did notice a little loss of that thump in the chest torque, but It really pulled hard up to about 6600. It was a very worthwhile upgrade for me.

That being said, if I were you, I might wait for V3...
+1

forgot to mention that. More power at higher RPMs, a must if you enjoy street racing. Again, you can upgrade to v3 easier once you have v2, but if you can wait, V3 delivers more power at higher RPMs than v2 i believe.