ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
azndavid85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M coupe

Help..Roundel Overlays from Bimmian.com!!!

I think I'm going to be getting a "DYNAMIC CARBON
Black + Silver" roundel kit from www.bimmian.com. and I just thought I'd get some of your ideas before I pick the style for the roundel kit and it seems like the trunk's roundel is bigger than the front. Anyone know the sticker come with the kit fit perfectly? Also is the sidemaker's roundel the same as as front?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5 Sport

Garage List
the kit comes complete with stickers to cover all of the roundels on the car (including: wheel centers; steering wheel; hood; trunk; and side markers). It even includes some extra of some sizes. The size of the stickers is perfect. The difficult part is getting the correct placement when installing them.

One word of caution: less than a year after installing the kit on my car, using the precise intructions they reccommended, the stickers were pealing and losing their color. They lasted for about 6 monthes, looking great during that time, then they started pealing and fading.

BMW rear spoiler - de-badged - MTEC HIDs (DEFECTIVE) - XENESIS high beams & fogs - shadowline front grill - 20% tint - keyhole plugs - Roadster Solutions acrylic wind deflector - LeatherZ center console & door arm rests - Parrot 3100 bluetooth - USA SPEC IPod integration - Xenon interior lighting
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
the kit comes complete with stickers to cover all of the roundels on the car (including: wheel centers; steering wheel; hood; trunk; and side markers). It even includes some extra of some sizes. The size of the stickers is perfect. The difficult part is getting the correct placement when installing them.

One word of caution: less than a year after installing the kit on my car, using the precise intructions they reccommended, the stickers were pealing and losing their color. They lasted for about 6 monthes, looking great during that time, then they started pealing and fading.

BMW rear spoiler - de-badged - MTEC HIDs (DEFECTIVE) - XENESIS high beams & fogs - shadowline front grill - 20% tint - keyhole plugs - Roadster Solutions acrylic wind deflector - LeatherZ center console & door arm rests - Parrot 3100 bluetooth - USA SPEC IPod integration - Xenon interior lighting
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

dont get the overlays. the replacment pieces are much easier and better quality
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
where do you get the replacement roundels that are the correct size. The side marker roundels are a size unique to the Z4 and hard to find.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
dont get the overlays. the replacment pieces are much easier and better quality
-I disagree. I've had the stickers on all three of our BMWs (different style stickers) for years and they have all held up very well. The only discoloration I've experienced was on the wheel center caps after drifting in dirt/gravel in my wife's 540iT. I would consider this excessive abuse: http://www.myz4mcoupe.com/images/Kal...20drifting.wmv

If you have peeling issues it most likely comes from installation. I use a razor blade and try never to touch the sticky side of the sticker with my fingers. Also you must clean the roundel with rubbing alcohol to promote good adhesion. On my M5 the nose roundel is cracking after three years from heat/sunlight, etc. and the stickers still look good.

All of the carbon roundels I've seen look very resiny and "thick", clunky compared to a stock roundel. With Bimmian's stickers the roundels look stock in quality, just a different style.

azndavid85, if you want to get together and check out the various stickers on my cars, I'm in Orange. I can even show you how to apply them as I have to replace a couple on my wife's Touring (due to the drifting).
      07-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
azndavid85
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
-I disagree. I've had the stickers on all three of our BMWs (different style stickers) for years and they have all held up very well. The only discoloration I've experienced was on the wheel center caps after drifting in dirt/gravel in my wife's 540iT. I would consider this excessive abuse: http://www.myz4mcoupe.com/images/Kal...20drifting.wmv

If you have peeling issues it most likely comes from installation. I use a razor blade and try never to touch the sticky side of the sticker with my fingers. Also you must clean the roundel with rubbing alcohol to promote good adhesion. On my M5 the nose roundel is cracking after three years from heat/sunlight, etc. and the stickers still look good.

All of the carbon roundels I've seen look very resiny and "thick", clunky compared to a stock roundel. With Bimmian's stickers the roundels look stock in quality, just a different style.

azndavid85, if you want to get together and check out the various stickers on my cars, I'm in Orange. I can even show you how to apply them as I have to replace a couple on my wife's Touring (due to the drifting).

Thank you for your offer Palantirion.
I got the Bimmian's stickers about 1-2 months ago, have applied on the car already. I really like it and looks great!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavid85 View Post
Thank you for your offer Palantirion.
I got the Bimmian's stickers about 1-2 months ago, have applied on the car already. I really like it and looks great!!!
Well good. What did you end up going with, silver and black CF? Any pics?
      07-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
azndavid85
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well good. What did you end up going with, silver and black CF? Any pics?
DYNAMIC CARBON Black + Silver"

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Did you do the wheels too?
      07-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
azndavid85
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did you do the wheels too?
Actually my oem bmw center cap does not fit in my ace rim. So did not put them on the wheel
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
BimmerZealot
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

I have the Bimmian jet black, had them for a few months now, no complaints.
Appreciate 0