E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW N52 E90 08 328i Struggles to start after putting Gas

01-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
joshaguirre
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive28i F25

BMW N52 E90 08 328i Struggles to start after putting Gas

Hi, I have a weird problem that commonly happened to me about 6 months ago but now it's back. So the issue is after I would add gas into my tank, start the engine, I would hear the starter start cranking for about 6 seconds then give up. I would sometimes see the RPMs get to about 800, then just drop down and stop. This used to happen would I would put 87 gas(parents never told me what to put when I had gotten the car prior). I then solved this issue when I started to put 89. Now after using 89 for 6 months I had just put gas and this problem surfaced again. I've had some people tell me it could be the fuel filter, but from what I know all it's doing is filtering out debris. If I had a bad fuel filter then wouldn't this be happening every time I started the engine? I also scanned my DME with INPA and got this- Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0