E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Just looking for some help on leasing

05-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
KyleY911
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW 325i

Just looking for some help on leasing

My father leased me a 325 E90 when they first came out. The cars been great but theres some things i'm not too high on. My says shes been paying around $530 a month as the monthly payments go yet i've seen posts where people claim their paying around $600 a month to lease a 335. Is this true? to be honest i have no idea how leasing works but my lease is up this december and my mom is talking to me about the current situation. Should she be paying around 530 a month to lease a 325? and could we lease a 335 for around 600? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep
Drives: Three-Three-Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleY911 View Post
My father leased me a 325 E90 when they first came out. The cars been great but theres some things i'm not too high on. My says shes been paying around $530 a month as the monthly payments go yet i've seen posts where people claim their paying around $600 a month to lease a 335. Is this true? to be honest i have no idea how leasing works but my lease is up this december and my mom is talking to me about the current situation. Should she be paying around 530 a month to lease a 325? and could we lease a 335 for around 600? Thanks in advance.
I'm no leasing expert... but there are a ton of factors you have to consider here. What money factor (which is like the interest rate) are you getting? How many months is the lease, and how many miles per year? What money do you have to hand over at the lease beginning, and are you doing multiple security deposits? What is the residual value on the car? What are the taxes/fees in your area on leased cars? Etc. Etc. Look around here, somewhere here there's a good lease calculator that allows you to adjust all these factors to see what is a good deal.

Leasing is just like purchasing in that dealers can play funny with the numbers to make you think you have a good deal, but are really over-paying. Just like a dealer can say "what do you want for a monthly payment?" and then sign you up for a ridiculously long loan at a high interest rate that hits that low monthly payment but is not a great deal, they cna do the same thing on a lease - and it is easier because people are less aware of the process.

Right now, BMWUSA.com shows leases on 328 sedans starting at $429/mo and 335 sedans starting at $519/mo. The coupes are about $70 more per month. Obviously, when you mix in options, that can change things.
      06-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

What a lot of folks dont tell you here is how much they put down in the first place on the car.

I can get you a 335i lease for $1 a month..

But let me show you really quick some issues.

$1,000 down over 24 months is about $42 a month.
$2,000 down over ......................... $83
$3,000 down over..........................$125

Yea sure someone's paying $600 a month. But they put down $3k so really they are paying $725 a month..

What I see most common here is most people pluck down an astonishing $4k out of the pocket so at $600 a month they are really paying $766 a month. I guess its easier to pay more up front and have a lower monthly payment, I mean its much easier to tell yourself and others you pay $600 a month rather than over $700 a month.

For the most part ignore what most people say here. You only find a small percentage of people willing to share what they really pay..

We really need to know

How much they paid in fees
How much cap reduction
Monthly rate
Money factor
Miles
Residual value used
Money factor

Each changing just one of a few combos on a lease can make a big difference.. Going from 12,000 miles a year lease to a 10,000 mile a year lease means bumping up the residual values 2% which can make a $20-40 a month cheaper payment.
Appreciate 0