E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Going in for service will i get DME updated?

05-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
lumi335
Rep
Drives: Spaceship

Going in for service will i get DME updated?

going in for a light malfunction of some sort, "adaptive headlight" warning lamp has appeared. everything works fine with the lights but after about 45 seconds the car flashes this message and the lights dont turn with the wheel. also the green LED flashes. the lights turn on and respond to day/night change. they just wont turn with the wheel.
im also getting a full service done to my car for the first time since i bought it. will i get updated to the new 29.2?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I wouldnt be surprised if they updated your Progman to 29.2, but they wont install the new DME 81 for sure. I think it really depends on your dealership and SA because i know of some SA that call their client before they update the progman (to see if the owner wants the update) and other dealerships that just go ahead and update it without ever asking or telling you. It really just depends, but i wouldnt be surprised if they did.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if they updated your Progman to 29.2, but they wont install the new DME 81 for sure. I think it really depends on your dealership and SA because i know of some SA that call their client before they update the progman (to see if the owner wants the update) and other dealerships that just go ahead and update it without ever asking or telling you. It really just depends, but i wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Hows your car going on bro?

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Hows your car going on bro?
fixed!! picked it up 2 days ago...so far so good. Sounds and feels stronger than ever. I just posted on the thread you just started also
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi335 View Post
going in for a light malfunction of some sort, "adaptive headlight" warning lamp has appeared. everything works fine with the lights but after about 45 seconds the car flashes this message and the lights dont turn with the wheel. also the green LED flashes. the lights turn on and respond to day/night change. they just wont turn with the wheel.
im also getting a full service done to my car for the first time since i bought it. will i get updated to the new 29.2?
There are people who have taken their cars in for less and been updated, and there are people who have had more serious work done and they didn't touch the DME. There are posts from techs who state that unless the DME update can solve the problem they won't do it, and there are people saying that they had their Progman rolled back because of problems.

I think right now it's totally up in the air. Unless the adaptive headlight issue really bugs you, I wouldn't take it in. But I guess you have to get the full service done (which I assume is the 15K mile service).

Definitely check the work order and see if they updated you or not and please update everybody when you get your car back.

Good luck!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

We had our prototype 335 updated to Progman 29.2 then we re-installed the SSTT. No problems at all. There was an adaptation period of about 100 miles to get back to the same performance level as previously. It runs just fine and we then ran the diagnostic test and the SSTT was just as invisible as before!

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
^^ thats good to know!!! thanks jeff
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
lumi335
Rep
Drives: Spaceship

thanks for the info guys.

from what i have been researching, it seems as there a are a couple of options to how and under what circumstances people are being updated.

1.)Recalls and mandatory updates for certain cars REQUIRE 29.2 either way so there is no way around it being updated.

2.)Other cars that dont fall under #1, are under some issues and problems the customer complains of that the only and possible fix is 29.2 program update

I have been reading that some members have gone in for full services and minor issues without any program updates.
but of course like mentioned they probably didnt fall under #1 and #2 suggestions.
i was also reading one member who was stock WANTED the 29.2 but because he didnt NEED it, wasnt able to get it?

the tell tale signs of getting updated is a silver IDRIVE menu, all your setting are deleted, of course the tech sheet with what was done.
but i also understand that the exhaust is louder, and many people once there car adapts feels alot better then before, other then the intial first time slow 'FEELING' they are getting, once adapted it feels awesome.

i will let everyone know how my problem goes and what they do and dont do to my car.
Appreciate 0