BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Front Bumper Tow Hook for License

01-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
rchang21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1 MSport

Smile Front Bumper Tow Hook for License

Hi Community!

I recently purchased a 2018 X1 M-Sport w/ Parking Sensors. I don't want to drill holes into the front of my bumper to install the front license plate... so I'm hoping to install the front license via the front bumper tow hook on the right side of the front bumber! Does anyone have recommendations on which front bumper license plate holder will fit the specs of my X1 for me to just attach to to the front tow hook? Not looking for anything fancy--just something that fits, lasts, and won't require me to drill holes into the actual body/bumper of my car.

Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchang21 View Post
Hi Community!

I recently purchased a 2018 X1 M-Sport w/ Parking Sensors. I don't want to drill holes into the front of my bumper to install the front license plate... so I'm hoping to install the front license via the front bumper tow hook on the right side of the front bumber! Does anyone have recommendations on which front bumper license plate holder will fit the specs of my X1 for me to just attach to to the front tow hook? Not looking for anything fancy--just something that fits, lasts, and won't require me to drill holes into the actual body/bumper of my car.

Thank you so much!
give ESC tuning a call..they carry these mounts and supply parts for both MINI and BMW so they might have one that works on the F48 series. I bought some wheel spacers from them and they were super good quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #3
ChilledOut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 S18 D Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchang21 View Post
Hi Community!

Thank you so much!
My dealer used double sided sticky pads. Don’t worry, if properly fitted the plate won’t fall off..... I had to use a ridiculous amount of strength (I’m a retired rugby player) to remove the plates the car had on when I took delivery.
This will save drilling holes in the front bumper and tailgate.
Appreciate 0