BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

01-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
jschulz79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Michigan Xpel Installers

Anyone gotten Xpel installed by any Michigan shops? Just curious if there are any good / bad stories out there. Two shops I'm looking at are Fade to Black (Birmingham) and Motor City AutoSpa (Royal Oak).
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

I'm in the same boat, I made an appointment with motorcity autospa just because I wanted a detailer to fix a few small things before installation. Also before xpel is installed they need to decontaminate the paint. I had my windows tinted at sunshade tinting in TROY who also does film, they did a good job with that but I really wanted a detail shop to do my film install. Im not from Michigan and I dont know any installers more then I read online, where I'm from the best installers are the ones who are also detailers.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

I haven't had expel installed, but I did use MotorCity Autospa to remove a bunch of tree branch scrapes on my truck and it came out pretty good. I was impressed with there work and honesty about the process (i.e. no guarantees based on the depth of the scratches).
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I had expel ultimate put on my car recently by detail express in keego harbor. Price was extremely good and in fact 1/3 of what I was quoted by the "premiere place in plymouth". I am happy with my install and price. Basically they charge the price shown on expel website as shown for the material if u ordered it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
Sravian
Registered
Rep

I had mine installed at clear autobra in Plymouth. They did a great job, better than most of the filmed cars I've seen. They do the decontamination as part of the install but they won't fix any flaws in the paint. I had some custom stuff done so I don't have any price comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Clear auto bra is recognized as the best around Detroit, it they know it and charge for it. I paid $1100 for my xpel ultimate and clear auto bra quoted me almost $3k for the same exact thing. Complete silliness.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #7
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz79 View Post
Anyone gotten Xpel installed by any Michigan shops? Just curious if there are any good / bad stories out there. Two shops I'm looking at are Fade to Black (Birmingham) and Motor City AutoSpa (Royal Oak).
Fade to Black, hands down. Have had a few cars done there including my M. Great owner, great work. Just look at the cars he works on and his clients. Also had my tint done there.
      05-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #8
BajanM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

I got mine done at Clear Auto Bra Michigan as well
their site is www.norockchips.com

Got my m3 a year ago, and they did an awesome job with the install. This is all they do. The shop is IMMACULATE. I've never seen a shop sooo clean. They pay extreme attention to detail and they've worked on tons of exotic cars and regular cars too

These guys really know their stuff.
I searched around and I went with them because of their expertise, experience and they were super friendly. The owners are the nicest couple I've met. The owner Larry has been doing installs for a very long time

I wanted a place that pays attention to detail and has great service.

In my opinion...you paid a crap load of money for your car, so why cheap out on the protection? For something like this, you get what you pay for.

The installation of protective film is the MOST IMPORTANT PART.
Anyone can slap it on...but you want it done right!

A year later...and my Xpel ultimate still looks amazing!

I would highly recommend going there.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #9
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My installation is almost a year old and it is also immaculate, as expected. I don’t feel I cheaped out, but rather didn’t spend extra money that I felt wasn’t warranted. It is a clear bra after all.
Appreciate 0