BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Curious about Production Month

02-07-2018, 07:48 AM   #1
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 540i M Sport

Curious about Production Month

Dear All,

I'm situated in Singapore, as such we do not have info like production codes, etc for us to track the production progress online.

I was informed by my sales guy that the G30 530i M Sport is February Production. Does this mean, the vehicle will be manufactured and will complete production by end of February?

Thanks in advance
      02-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Depends which week in feb that is. Takes less than a week from entering production to being finished. Takes longer than that to leave factory, go to port and get shipped....

They should be able to tell you which week it is and should also have an eta on when it gets to a dealer (note is is an estimate as it can be different)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Depends which week in feb that is. Takes less than a week from entering production to being finished. Takes longer than that to leave factory, go to port and get shipped....

They should be able to tell you which week it is and should also have an eta on when it gets to a dealer (note is is an estimate as it can be different)
Thanks for your response. I checked with the local dealership, as of today, they still do not have my VIN number yet. I do have the Manufacturing Order number though. Im just curious whether I'm able to track the manufacturing progress....
      02-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep

If you have the order number you should be able to.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
If you have the order number you should be able to.
Thanks AP. I do not have the order number, I think for BMW Asia whom imports the cars into Singapore, they order in bulk with their chosen specs as one go. We can only choose from their existing pool of cars for better pricing.

Any special individual orders will be hugely expensive and the waiting time is 6 months and above from order to delivery. Over here, they have no idea what a production tracking number is because there is an authorised dealer below BMW Asia and I do not think BMW Asia releases such information to the local dealer. All we know that the production date of the car is February, thats all.

I will have to take it that by end Feb, the car finishes production, gets shipped to the port and takes 3 weeks to reach Singapore. Another minimum of 2 weeks required for clearing customs, PDI and other prep before the vehicle is ready for delivery to me. I would estimate end Mar till latest by Mid Apr to be able to have my car delivered.

The wait is painful nonethless but guess I will have to suck it up hahahaha
      02-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep

Not much you can do about it then, the wait is the most painful part but I assure it is well worth the wait.

I'm not even going to ask how much the car is as I know they are VERY expensive in that country!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Not much you can do about it then, the wait is the most painful part but I assure it is well worth the wait.

I'm not even going to ask how much the car is as I know they are VERY expensive in that country!
true, guess all I can do now is just wait for updates from the dealership. yeah cars are expensive here. u r well travelled and well informed
      02-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
Quote:

true, guess all I can do now is just wait for updates from the dealership. yeah cars are expensive here. u r well travelled and well informed
finally I have an update, car got loaded onto the roro yesterday in germany and eta singapore 22nd mar. est. collection is early to mid apr. hopefully all goes well
      03-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #9
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep

some updates, last week there were 2 units of the G30 540i M Sport that arrived. One got snapped up and I made the Decision to snap up the other unit and cancelled my order for the G30 530i M Sport. The 530i M Sport is still on the water as we speak. I requested for a delivery date on the 31st March 2018 and was told it would be pretty tight. early april would be more likely. An exciting wait begins all over again but albeit a much shorter one.

Sapphire Black with Mocha Brown Interior, Beautiful interior I must say.