BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Venture film question

For those of you that had Venture shield full hood, bumper, mirrors, side skirts kit installed. Were you pleased with the installation and how the lines were displayed?

I had it installed a couple days ago and i wasn't too happy with how it came out. There were lines showing more than I wanted. Maybe wife thinks I'm crazy and it looks just fine. If you are far away you don't notice it at all but when you get closer you can see the lines (mainly on the bumper, the skirts, hood, mirrors look fine). There were some installation flaws that are going to be fixed (bubble in hood that isn't going away and 3 inch squeegy scrach in hood film, they will replace full hood film), and one mirror had a crooked line and need to be replaced.

So he said I have 2 options

1) He will fix the installation flaws no charge and replace the kit film
2) For an extra 500$, he will take the bumper film off too and then replace it and do a custom job for hood and bumper by taking all the parts off the hood and bumper and do the film by showing least lines possible.

Is the extra 500$ worth it? i originally paid 1500 (which included door edges and door handles, that I didn't even ask for).. Is this how the venture kit is originally designed , to have the lines? Should I be concerned with them taking the old film off? He said either option it would be best to get it done within 2 weeks from the install.

thanks

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

Getting the film off if is a bitch, worse if it's left on there longer. I had to have mine taken off after about a week and it left a sticky residue on the hood. My installer had to rub off the residue with Goof off and if they do this, there is a high chance of leaving scratches because considerable pressure has to be applied to get the crap off. My hood has a *hit load of scratches because of this.
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Did anyone else have their venture film replaced? I'm getting it done next week but having 2nd thoughts now. They are asurring me there won't be an issue.

Thanks.

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Lots of very marginal installers out there. Most are not happy with kits of pre cut shapes. Full "custom" is the only way to go to get rid of 90% of all of these visible lines. You should have shopped around before choosing an installer and seen their work before hand. Good luck getting what you want.
Appreciate 0