E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Excesice Crankcase Pressure/Smoke -- Oil Consumption and Smoking from Exhaust

02-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Jonschaab
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i coupe

Exclamation Excesice Crankcase Pressure/Smoke -- Oil Consumption and Smoking from Exhaust

Ok so let me give you some history of this car. I purchased my 2008 335i with 70k miles, experienced wastegate rattle within a couple of months of owning it and had the turbos replaced under factory warranty. A few weeks went by and I added catless dp's, dci, intercooler, chargepipe, exhaust and jb4. I started to notice light smoke that would go away after a few minutes of warming up and that eventually turned into smoke that would billow from the car like a train both at idle and hard acceleration. In my trial and error to fix this issue I replaced the pcv valve, valve cover gasket, valve cover and eventually was convinced it was the turbos. Two weeks ago, 23k miles into my factory replaced turbos, I had upgraded/rebuilt turbos from turbolabsofamerica installed on the car as well as mmp relocation inlets. The problem seemed to clear up for a couple of days, but the car went right back to the horrible oil smoking. I am at a loss and don't know where to look next. I believe its pcv related as I have excess pressure in the crankcase and you can see the oil smoking from inside the oil cap in the video posted below. You can also see it leaking from the diverter valves as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jonschaab; 02-12-2018 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Too long of a post
Appreciate 0