BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Retrofitting ICON LED Headlights to Standard LED Vehicle

03-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
is_niice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything

Retrofitting ICON LED Headlights to Standard LED Vehicle

Does anyone here have experience doing this? I would like to perform this modification however, much of the research i've done indicates that the vehicle must have the Highbeam Assist option to do this retrofit.

If I do not have highbeam assist, is this still possible? I do have Adaptive function.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
KGI
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E60 535D , E63 645ci, E10 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_niice View Post
Does anyone here have experience doing this? I would like to perform this modification however, much of the research i've done indicates that the vehicle must have the Highbeam Assist option to do this retrofit.

If I do not have highbeam assist, is this still possible? I do have Adaptive function.
You need to have high beam assistent to make the retrofit, iīm also looking into it now.
I have bought the arm with the A button so far, but didnīt have time to make the retrofit yet.
You also need to get the new headlights adjusted and coded.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_niice View Post

You do not require HBA, but highly recommended. Might as well do for full advantage.
Appreciate 0