BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M Sport Seats versus M Multifunction Seats

03-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

M Sport Seats versus M Multifunction Seats

Reading Jalponiks review yet again and I came upon something I had obviously glossed over the first few times - to quote the article:

"In fact, the only real noteworthy interior change is the set of M sports seats with electric adjustment, seat heating trimmed in Merino leather. Bigger, bolstered M multifunction seats with better lateral support are available as an option."

Canada cars do not seem to come with "Sport Seats" (it states "electric seats with driver memory" as standard) - either as options or in package. Even the US guide only states "multi-function seats with lumbar support" as standard (no option for "sport seats" that I can see). As was true in the M550ix - Canada seems to get most of the options as standard - including the 20" wheels. On the BMW Canada configurator - there is only one picture of the seats - and with the Executive Package - in Canada called Premium Package - that has the massage function add for driver and passenger - there is no change to how the seats look when selected on the site. I see that Jalponik states the multi-function seats are even more bolstered?

Does anyone have any info on the seats and whether I can expect the same seats I am seeing in every magazine pic - despite the fact I am getting massage/comfort seats? If they have a pic of the massage capable seats - please do post it here.

Thanks everyone!

https://jalopnik.com/2018-bmw-m5-mak...awd-1821018158

Last edited by vtknight; 03-09-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I think the reviewer was confused, the photos from the article clearly shows the M multi-functional seats.

Download the M5 Brochure from http://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2, and go to pages 34/35 and you'll see the sports seats and M multi-functional seats. I don't think I've seen photos of the sports seats anywhere other than the brochure.

I believe all US bound M5s come with 4MA M multi-functional seats as standard.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      03-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
I think the reviewer was confused, the photos from the article clearly shows the M multi-functional seats.

Download the M5 Brochure from http://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2, and go to pages 34/35 and you'll see the sports seats and M multi-functional seats. I don't think I've seen photos of the sports seats anywhere other than the brochure.

I believe all US bound M5s come with 4MA M multi-functional seats as standard.
Thanks - that is both what I thought and hoped...
Appreciate 0