ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Question: 2nd ECU

Okay- I have posted this question in a few of the RPI threads without any answers so I am making a new thread.

Where can you buy a new ECU for our Z4 M Cars? I would do the ECU tune if I could have it done to a separate ECU and not the one I bought for my car. I had warranty problems on my last car I messed with the ECU with (also undetectable) and never want to go through that again. Especially when you consider the price of our engine and driveline...

Thanks!
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
Okay- I have posted this question in a few of the RPI threads without any answers so I am making a new thread.

Where can you buy a new ECU for our Z4 M Cars? I would do the ECU tune if I could have it done to a separate ECU and not the one I bought for my car. I had warranty problems on my last car I messed with the ECU with (also undetectable) and never want to go through that again. Especially when you consider the price of our engine and driveline...

Thanks!
You can buy one pre-programmed to your VIN from the dealer for $1,299.00
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Ouch- I think Dinan LSD may be a better bang for the buck than buyin a new ECU and then getting it flashed. I am a year or so away from that mod but it is nice to dream...
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0