BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2018, 11:25 PM   #1
sinbad4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
Just Ordered M40i w/ Field Trip

Well, I missed out on a sweet deal. Merc dealer in Chicago selling 6wk old M40i w/ only 244 miles. Stickered @ $65k, Selling for $56k. But.. missed out. Like a shark smelling blood in the water, I was looking for more deals.

Local dealer, competing with another dealer, offered me such a good deal I am ashamed to say. Thus I ordered new M40i. Also, a friend mentioned "Factory Delivery" option. I'd never heard of it. In short, you fly out, BMW puts you and guest up in hotel, feeds you breakfast, gives you short driver training class, puts you on a track in various conditions driving same model car you ordered, gives you factory tour - ending in private show room from where you drive your new lovely car home. It's just over 1,000 miles back to Mpls.. so, kind of a long field trip, but w00t! Can't wait!

Performance Center Delivery

Ordered:
Dark Graphite Metallic
20" 699M Wheels
Black Vernasca Leather
Gray Poplar Trim

Packages
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package

Options
Front Ventilated Seats
Rear Heated Seats
Wireless Charging/ WiFi Hotspot
Harmon Kardon
Apple CarPlay
Adaptive M Suspension
Trailer Hitch

Note 1: I wanted the Oyster colored leather, looks awesome, but friends dissuaded me as it won't stay white long.
Note 2: I think the 21" 718M look awesome, but don't like how small they make the brakes look.

**update**

Decided to pass on field trip. Combinations of factors making it less appealing and costly.
  • Air transport has no direct flghts.. meaning 7+ hrs in airports - yuck.
  • Would have to miss 2 days work.
  • Cost basically adds up to > $2,500
  • I was never too keen on 1,200 miles immediately.

I also spoke with Sales guy. He's ok with me passing on infomation. While he cannot promise same deal - will always depend on options, selection, etc. - he promises to give a kick-ass deal to any I direct his way. PM me if you want contact info.

My deal was $8,500 off sticker (includes all dealer & mfg incentives).

Last edited by sinbad4; 03-24-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0