F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Fog light (coding) question
ARMA SPEED

03-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
oranga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

Fog light (coding) question

I posted in a similar thread in the coding subforum, but no one's been able to give me an answer, so I thought maybe the lighting forum could help.

I want to code my lights so that with my headlight switch in auto, I want two conditions to be met:

1. With the low beams off during the day, the fog lights come on with the DRL angel eyes
2. With the low beams on at night, I want the fog lights to stay on.

I coded the following, which remaps the fog lights as DRLs:

MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_FUNCTION = 04
MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_FUNCTION = 04

This allows me to meet condition 1, but not 2. I realize if i code the values to 03 instead, i can get condition 2, but not 1. Is there a way to get both conditions?

I am also open to non-coding solutions if you have em. In some of my previous cars i've added relays to power the fog lights so I'd be open to something like that if coding won't cover this.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
03+04=07? Probably doesn't work lol sorry man I have no idea
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
oranga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
03+04=07? Probably doesn't work lol sorry man I have no idea
I like where your head is at! haha

Just for the sake of anyone looking into what the values mean, take a look at this breakdown:

01 = Small Light ?
02 = Small Light ?
03 = Low Beam
04 = DRL
05 = High Beam
06 = Blinker L
07 = Blinker R
08 = Fog Light
09 = Cornering Light L
0A = Cornering Light R
0C = Brake Light
0D = Brake Force Light
0E = Rear Fog Light
0F = Reverse Light
10 = Parking Light L
11 = Parking Light R

The ECU uses these numbers to identify the lights, so thats why when I remap the fog lights to 04, they come on with the DRLs and if i set them to 03, they would come on with the low beams.

If i set them to 07 then they would blink with the right blinker, ha!

And even though the angel eyes stay on with the low beams, i guess the computer doesn't treat them as DRLs anymore so the 04 value doesn't apply. The 01 and 02 values don't work either, i played with them and they dont do what i want either.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #4
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

That wont work, caused by the different power-on layouts from the different lamps.
Hence its not foreseen to switch on the rear fogs with angel eyes or the simple standing lights, the rear fogs would receive no power as long as the headlight switch isnt turned to power them on. You have to open the switch box and reapply the powerlines in that way that the rear fog switch is steady powered. Here I hope that wouldnt work...
Thats also a security reason because a lot of dumbasses here into Germany forgot to switch of the rear fogs after they are real necessary and the result is, that the rear traffic is blinded with the much more brighter lamps.
Thats into a clear night before me is what causing me real anger.
So give it a try and report

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0