E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Oil and Coolant line turbo alternatives, do they exist?

03-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #1
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Oil and Coolant line turbo alternatives, do they exist?

When uninstalling my GC turbos i noticed something that caused me to waste a few ours on the uninstall which will also cost me on the re-install as well. These stock lines are very location specific and dont have much room for manovering and there not exactly easy to remove from the turbo or the block.

I couldnt seem to find anything that would allow me to run my own coolant or oil lines other than this which isnt exactly enough or what im looking for.

https://docrace.com/collections/bmw/...nterface-plugs

Does anyone know if there is a kit that exists out there for this type of modifcation? The reason why I want to do this is to decrease the install/reinstall time encase i ever need to get down to the turbos again. I wasted a few hours just trying to remove these stock hoses from the turbos and the block and it would be nice if i could find something that can be unscrewed from the turbos for an easy disconnect/reconnect.
Attached Images

2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

We offer all of the custom fittings to make custom lines, so keep that in mind when I say that OEM lines fit OEM style turbos like a glove and you're not going to find anything that fits any better IMHO.

So you should not need anything else- just clean them up very VERY well (use brake parts cleaner and compressed air) and reinstall with new O-Rings.

Rob
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      03-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo View Post
We offer all of the custom fittings to make custom lines, so keep that in mind when I say that OEM lines fit OEM style turbos like a glove and you're not going to find anything that fits any better IMHO.

So you should not need anything else- just clean them up very VERY well (use brake parts cleaner and compressed air) and reinstall with new O-Rings.

Rob
I was just looking for a more easier way to install/uninstall but I guess it sounds like the oem ones are really good to where that small amount of effort isn't that bad.

I just need to find a good guide on how to reinstall them on the turbos.
Appreciate 0