BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-11-2018, 03:56 AM   #1
sharpharp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

2 weeks in and already a recall for G01 X3 in UK (Loose Spoiler WTF)

So not only have I been disappointed with several things on the new generation X3 G01, basics like driver side wind noise and poor dab radio signal, I now get "wind" (pardon the pun) of the first X3 recall here in the UK...

REAR SPOILER MAY BE INSECURE
Description :
The rear spoiler may not have been properly attached Wind noise and deformation of the spoiler may occur. Continued use may cause the spoiler to detach.

Remedial Action :
On affected vehicles inspect the attachment of the spoiler and where necessary
install new fixings.

Checked the affected VINs and mine is included in that number, just wonderful....

Thanks BMW, the ultimate cost-cutting and lack of quality control driving machine.

Does anyone from BMW read these forums, if they do, send me the details, because their ear needs bending
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 04:55 AM   #2
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

This was discussed here over a month ago:
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472424

They just want to check if you have all the screws in place - mostly likely they are.

This is a very minor problem to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
strange is, that your dealer didn't checked that before he handed the car to you. the recall is out for some time now.
      04-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #4
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

sharpharp, I guess you could be happy about the fact that you have your car. I ordered in Oct/Nov, car arrived in UK in Feb and I am still waiting for it to be released. Something to do with a potential fuel issue as a result of something going wrong/damaged in the plant. only affects cars in a very small production window and unfortunately my car was included.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 06:48 AM   #5
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpedge View Post
sharpharp, I guess you could be happy about the fact that you have your car. I ordered in Oct/Nov, car arrived in UK in Feb and I am still waiting for it to be released. Something to do with a potential fuel issue as a result of something going wrong/damaged in the plant. only affects cars in a very small production window and unfortunately my car was included.
There are 2 fuel system recalls on petrol engines. One relates to the particulate sensor in front of the first catalytic converter. It is a Euro 6 emissions standard related assembly. Apparently there is a part that needs to be changed. The second relates to a fuel line that may be rubbing and could eventually rupture. That is an inspection (like the rear spoiler) and if necessary a repair.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #6
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

old news.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpedge View Post
I think you and I are in the same position here.

My 20i xLine was built in mid January, arrived Southampton on 9th February and is still there ! Just over 8 weeks now.
Apparently the spoiler on my car has been checked but, as you probably already know, the main problem is delays in the supply chain for the exhaust modification.
I have been rattling as many cages as I can find, and have had numerous email exchanges with various people at BMW UK as well as my dealership.
All along I have been told that all the affected cars will be released by the end of April at the latest, and that still seems to be the case.

I have to say that my dealership are just as fed up with this situation as I am and are doing their best to keep me informed and relatively happy.
Although, within the T&Cs of the contract I signed back in November, I could initiate the process of cancelling the deal from tomorrow, I have decided not to go down that route.

As the tax on my present car runs out at the end of this month, and as the dealership are losing money, month on month, by honouring the agreed trade-in deal that we struck back in November, I have agreed to let them have my present car tomorrow.

They are providing me with a brand new 540i M Sport to use until the X3 is finally ready. They have also agreed other 'goodwill gestures'.
      04-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Seems like every new vehicle built in the last 5 years has recalls. We the public are the beta testers.
My October built X3 has 4 recalls and 1 service campaign.
Appreciate 0