F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > SOLD: P3Cars Vent Integrated Display/Boost Gauge
Studio RSR

04-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Arrow SOLD: P3Cars Vent Integrated Display/Boost Gauge

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I have FS:

Qty. (1) P3Cars Vent Integrated Display/Boost Gauge

Multi-Informational Display Blended With Your Factory Dash Vent!
  • Data Display and Recorder
  • Fault Code Reader and Clearing
  • OEM Appearance and Fitment
  • Plug & Go Install!

SOLD to Jazima - Thanx!

I love these gauges - had one in all of my BMW's. Wanted a little more info so went with AWRON in my F32 - reason this one is up for sale...

Excellent condition, no scratches on display, perfect working order - include everything that came with unit from TurnerMotorsports:
  • Display Unit
  • Module
  • Wiring Harness w/close fit 90 Deg OBD Connector
  • Vent coupler
  • Wire Tap
  • Instructions

The wires shown taped off are for Analog inputs (which I did not use). Fairly EX install in DS Left Vent - only (1) wire hookup using green wire w/male spade connector to female spade tap off off the power wire to trunk release button + OBD to port

This item fits the following BMWs:
  • 2012+ F30 BMW 320i 320i xDrive 328d 328d xDrive 328i 328i xDrive 335i 335i xDrive - Sedan
  • 2013+ F31 BMW 328i xDrive 328d xDrive - wagon
  • 2013+ F32 BMW 428i 428i xDrive 435i 435i xDrive - Coupe
  • 2013+ F33 BMW 428i Convertible 428i xDrive Convertible 435i Convertible - Convertible
  • 2014+ F34 BMW 328i xDrive GT, 335i xDrive GT - Gran Tourismo

CLICK ON LINKS Below For All the Info You Would Ever Need:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...E#tabDoesItFit

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-P3-Vent-Gauge

F30 Video Install Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNNLVeC3vc

Vent Install Instructions:

http://www.p3cars.com/content/pdf/f20-vent.pdf

Configuration & Setup:

https://1c2a8a2161d644d95009-22d26b3...figuration.pdf

F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-16-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 03:38 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
I posted the link to item on TurnerMotorsport site with wealth of info (guess that wasn't good enough as I keep getting the same questions over & over), but here is some more in this thread as far as capabilities:
  • Intake Air Temp
    Displays the temperature of the air from within the airbox. Cooler air is more oxygen-rich which will burn better in the combustion chamber. On naturally aspirated engines you can evaluate temps with or without a cold-air intake. Or make adjustments to your intake's heat shield to better seal it from hot engine air. On forced induction cars you can see the efficiency of intercooler operation.
  • Exhaust Gas Temp
    Displays the temperature of the exhaust in the header before the catalytic converter. From this measurement you can judge air/fuel ratios - a hotter temp indicates the engine is running lean.
  • Coolant Temp
    Displays the coolant temperature. Many engine maps and the engine tuning is based on the coolant temperature. When temps get too high the engine computer will dial back the timing which helps reduce temperature. You can monitor your cooling numbers and decide if a cooling upgrade will benefit you.
  • Boost/Vacuum
    Forced induction cars have the option for monitoring boost. On an N54 engine (2007-2010 cars), and cars with an aftermarket turbo or supercharger, a vacuum line must be routed to the intake chargepipe and plugged into the P3 gauge. On N55 (2011+ cars), the gauge can read boost data from the OBD port without running a vacuum line. This data can be displayed in realtime through the P3 gauge. You can also run an analog probe into the chargepipe and have it display here as well. This gauge is so useful we install one in nearly every supercharged E9X M3 we build here!
  • Ignition Timing
    Displays ignition timing. This may be useful for judging the quality of gasoline brands. Poorer fuels will lead the engine computer to draw back the timing. Higher quality types will resist knocking more and the engine can run with more timing.
  • Throttle Position
    Displays the throttle open position as a percentage - 0 = closed, 100 = full throttle opening. This is the perfect tool to monitor how much the traction control system intervenes in your acceleration. Monitor the max value for throttle position coming out of corners. Too little throttle opening and the traction control is intervening a lot. Add a limited slip unit to your differential to shift power to the wheel with the most traction and watch your throttle opening peg to 100!
  • Uncorrected Speed
    Displays your actual speed without any correction. The standard speedometer has a correction factor that makes it read higher than actual at normal speeds.
    This feature is also very useful for determining trap speeds on racetracks. You can use it to verify that the new line you took resulted in greater speed at the end of the straighaway.
  • RPM
    Displays actual engine speed, before being corrected at the tachometer.
  • Shift Light
    You can have a shift light set in any display mode. The light is pre-set to match whatever the programmed rev limit is for that gear.
  • Battery Voltage
    Want to check and monitor your battery condition? Maybe you have additional electrical draws from stereo or in-car entertainment. Use this data to ensure you have the correct voltage to support your system.
  • Acceleration Timing
    0-60 acceleration
    0-100 acceleration
    These runs are repeatable - it records your lowest time and resets the timer back to 0:00 when the speed comes back to 0. You can make hard accel runs all day and it will remember your fastest time!
  • Braking Timing
    60-0 braking
    100-0 braking Repeatable, same as the acceleration features above.
  • Error Codes & Clearing
    Any/All error codes for your car show up immediately as gauge boots up upon start. You then have the capability of clearing any/all such codes simply by push of buttons...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-16-2018 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 03:43 AM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
> We're used to having information at our fingertips. What we don't know can be looked up or downloaded using any number of websites or apps. But data from your car, especially a BMW, has been a little tougher to come by until now. P3Cars has developed this advanced digital gauge to fit in the dash of BMW E82 1-series, E9X 3-series, F10 5-series, and F30 3-series. First released as a simple boost gauge for turbo cars, the software has been tested and developed for naturally aspirated models too, including the M3. This is not just another boost gauge.
The P3Cars vent integrated digital interface (vidi) gauge plugs into the car's standardized OBD plug in the left footwell. Run the cable up to the driver's left air vent (above the headlight switch). P3's digital gauge is integrated to the stock vent for a clean and almost factory-looking appearance. Minor trim removal is required for access during the install but this is really a plug-in installation that takes no more than 30 minutes if you're taking your time.

> P3 has developed software that draws data from the OBD plug. This plug is along the same CAN BUS information superhighway that the engine computer and body modules use for communication. It's the same plug that dealerships and shops use to scan and read fault codes or update electronics. In fact, the P3 vidi gauge also funtions as a fault code reader and clearing tool (for generic OBD "P codes"). The P3's plug can be un-installed for access to the OBD port by your mechanic or state inspection station.

> With access through the OBD port, the full range of features on the vidi gauge is almost limitless. But for simplicity and ease-of-use only the most important and useful data is displayed: intake air temp, exhaust gas temp, coolant temp, boost/vacuum, ignition timing, throttle position, uncorrected speed, RPM, a shift light, battery voltage, acceleration timing, and brake timing. It will also save and display peak values for each parameter, allowing you to go back and analyze what's been happening. See below for a more in-depth description of each parameter. Other P3Cars features are a color matched display and automatic dimming with your other gauges. It can be configured to display either English and Metric units.

> In keeping with the Motorsport and Performance heritage of Turner Motorsport the Turner Exclusive edition comes complete with additional performance timers. These additional acceleration timing features are performance measurements we figured our core customers would love most. 0-60 is joined by timing for 0-100 and braking from 60-0 and 100-0. These features are perfect to measure performance gains in a consistent way, storing your best time of the session. Adding an intake and software package? Well record the difference it makes in 0-60 and 0-100 times!

> Not only is this data informative and, at times, entertaining but it also allows you to evaluate and analyze your car's performance. The acceleration timer is obviously useful in evaluating horsepower upgrades but also in critiquing launch settings and technique. Ditto for the braking timer in analyzing the differences in brake pads or pedal application. Or use the peak recall function to see how much the traction control system is closing the throttle to reduce power output (might be time to upgrade to that limited slip...).

> In addition to the data captured from the OBD plug, the P3Cars kit comes with three universal analog inputs. For instance, if you wanted to display Air/Fuel readings you can use an analog line to your AFR wideband sensor in the exhaust. You can tap into chargepipes for actual boost pressure or reading boost on aftermarket supercharger kits (works great on boosted M3s!). Or monitor before/after intercooler temps. On turbo engines you can monitor methanol injection. Or monitor transmission or differential fluid temps. Or just about anything else you can imagine. The P3 gauge becomes your own custom dash just like a race car. Additional parts and gauge configuration will be required when using any analog inputs. The P3 wiring works with any analog 0-5V sensor which is the standard among universal sensors.

> This gauge upgrade will be one of the best mods you make to your car! It looks like a factory part, retains the function of the left side vent, and displays a wealth of useful information. You will be enjoying and utelizing this upgrade for as long as you own your car!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
SOLD - Thanx
Appreciate 0