BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
des16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Harman Kardon without premium tier

Is there any way to order the HK stereo without the Premium Tier. I also wanted to order the heated steering wheel, but apparent that also requires the Premium Tier. Annoying, as I'd rather spend the money on other options, like the dynamic handling package.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
Hendoo
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping for X3 or X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by des16 View Post
Is there any way to order the HK stereo without the Premium Tier. I also wanted to order the heated steering wheel, but apparent that also requires the Premium Tier. Annoying, as I'd rather spend the money on other options, like the dynamic handling package.
I'm far from an expert, but my reading of the ordering guide says you cannot get the HK sound system without the Premium package.

If I'm wrong, hopefully somebody will jump in.

Google for "2018 BMW X3 ordering guide" if you have not seen it.

But things do change as time goes on so a dealer might have more up to date news.

-Hendoo in. SoCal
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #3
TxHornX3M40iGuy
TXHornX3M340iGuy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by des16 View Post
I don't have an answer. I will tell you, that I'm not all that impressed with the HK system so far. Admittedly, I have not gotten a chance to really play with it and tweak it, but the sound (especially bass) in my Expedition Limited stock system sounded much
Appreciate 0