F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Long overdue review for Mike at X-PH!
GetBMWParts

05-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Long overdue review for Mike at X-PH!

I wanted to wait until I got all the parts in and was finished ordering so I could do one large review instead of 800 small ones! Unfortunately I don't have dyno results yet because I just haven't had time, but you can see my other build thread for all info, videos and specific part reviews here http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1483379

While I have had two BMWs previous to this one, the only things I had done on them were wheels/tires, some appearance mods, and the 550i had a ESS E-tronic on it. When I bought my 435i, I saw the substantial difference in aftermarket offerings, and knowing exactly what I wanted, I started PMing some of the site sponsors. Now im a "special case" when it comes to being a customer because ive been in the industry since 1996, owned a performance business for 7 years, and really have a higher expectation for customer service, especially in 2018 where there are so many ways to make sure emails, phone calls and digital communications are properly handled either directly, or 3rd party. Of all the companies I emailed, Mike was the first to respond, and quickly followed up with pricing, answers to my questions, and most of all, reasoning behind his statements, recommendations etc. Having been into domestics for the majority of my life, im new to the options of 18 different intercoolers, 20 sets of charge pipes, various kits and options etc, so I appreciated his recommendations and explanations as to which worked better and why, and I couldn't be happier with the choices and ease of installation with each component. I wasn't after the fastest BMW on the board, I didn't want the highest horsepower, I just wanted a nice "quick" daily driver that wouldn't sacrifice anything, while giving me as much as I can get. Many have a hard time with not only making sure they tailor to the customers wants, but also put their own bias aside to make sure the customer gets what is best for them, and not for the shop selling the goods... Thankfully Mike listened to what I wanted, instead of telling me what he wants me to have, or thinks I need to purchase!

Getting into what I ordered, I bought the following from Mike
Vargas Stage 1 Turbo
Wagner downpipe
Wagner Comp intercooler
VRSF charge pipes
Akrapovic full exhaust system

Service was insanely fast for tracking information, ETAs for shipment, and I haven't even gotten to the best part for some, the pricing! While I tend to value customer service over price most of the time, I do shop around on things I am not personally educated on, which in this case is most of the Euro market. I can rattle off values for any firearm, domestic part, car value, or a ton of other things, but to educate myself, I looked around. Mike was not only building me packages that gave me exactly what I needed, but making sure they were priced above and beyond the others, to the point of where I even had other vendors on here say that the pricing flat out isn't possible.

In closing to my long-winded post, ive found my source for BMW parts, and will continue supporting Mike as much as I can! I don't expect perfection from anyone these days, but I believe Extreme Powerhouse is about as close as it gets, and recommend everyone at least give Mike a chance at your business before buying elsewhere!

Last edited by FenixMike; 05-10-2018 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
BunkerJ1032.00
      12-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the awesome review

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0