Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > What would you do?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
RiderOTStorm
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 328xi

What would you do?

So I went to a local tire company last week to manage a wheel tpms issue. Long story... Brand new wheels and tires. They scratched 1 rim near the stem while wrenching the tpms off. So I gave them a pass. Then today went to recheck balance due to vibration issues. Apparently 3 of the wheels were balanced to the high limit. Wheels were brought in to half the limit
After it was done I found scratches on another rim at the hub.

Pics are attached. 1st was the initial minor sratch. Second and third are the scratches from today.

How would you guys handle this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
Silent9n54
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

oh man thats my worst nightmare

not sure if they will acknowledge that it is their fault, but for future reference it is better to let them know beforehand that they are BRAND NEW wheels and that they are mint

even if they offer to fix them , they will get resprayed by god knows who and it wont have that factory finish

i feel your pain

hopefully it works out for you

on a similar note, i took a customers car to a tire shop the other day and they put all the nuts inside out and it stripped the thread when we tried to take them off luckily they owned up to it and paid for damages
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

I would handle it by telling the owner/manager what happened and how disappointed you are with their carelessness.

And then I would move on and forget about it. Wheels get scratched and dinged it’s all part of life just enjoy the ride in your sweet bimmer
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
RiderOTStorm
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 328xi

Believe me. The guys at the desk knew the wheels were brand new. I was ok with the first one. It was an honest mistake. But the second one was just careless mounting on the balance machine. This shop is considered the best in the area but I should have gone to my dealer. I was thinking the same thing about talking to the manger. This whole thing is very stressful and is an exercise in not sweating the small stuff.
Appreciate 0