E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 325i Dinan vs stock

05-10-2018, 07:29 AM   #1
Twisterr1000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325I

325i Dinan vs stock

Hi,

New to the forum and I searched for a while for this specific question, so sorry if its been asked before:

Basically I've heard the throttle body on the 325i only opens to 70% (I have a UK car with N53).

I was thinking of doing the 3 stage intake swap then getting a tune for it- and have also heard a lot of people talking about the Dinan throttle body.

So ultimately the question, when I get the car tuned, could they make the stock throttle body fully open, ie is it controlled by the ECU or is the reason that so many people change to the Dinan body that so that it can be used to it's full potential.

Any help would be great,
Cheers :
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisterr1000 View Post
Hi,

New to the forum and I searched for a while for this specific question, so sorry if its been asked before:

Basically I've heard the throttle body on the 325i only opens to 70% (I have a UK car with N53).

I was thinking of doing the 3 stage intake swap then getting a tune for it- and have also heard a lot of people talking about the Dinan throttle body.

So ultimately the question, when I get the car tuned, could they make the stock throttle body fully open, ie is it controlled by the ECU or is the reason that so many people change to the Dinan body that so that it can be used to it's full potential.

Any help would be great,
Cheers :
I'd go with the riot racing throttle body
Its good for a few ponies
there is a thread discussing it in the first xouple pages of this forum
not to mention, it is significantly cheaper in price
      05-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
Twisterr1000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325I

Thanks mate ill have a look now