BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > M School @ Thermal

05-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
mike in o.c.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M / 2018 X3 M40i

M School @ Thermal

Hot laps yesterday at the M School in Thermal that I attended.
Had a blast! If you haven’t gone or never tracked your M2, I highly recommend you go so you can experience some of the things our M2 is capable of.
Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
izzyM2641.00
      05-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
voyagergab
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 6MT, G01/F97 X3M

Awesome I'm there may 25-26.
Looks like fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #3
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Did the 2 Day when my car was on the boat and then Advanced M School in February. I highly recommend their programs. When you break down the cost of their programs versus in terms of cost per hour behind the wheel versus tracking your own car including all of the expenses they are a great value and you get tremendous instruction. I have begun tracking my M2 recently and the school prepared me well for the challenge. All in with insurance, track fees, fuel, lodging etc etc it costs me about $500 per hour on track doing it myself versus the 2 day M School for $3,500 with about 11-12 hours on track total. I strongly recommend the 2 Day M School versus the 1 Day, 2 Day includes high speed work on the South Palm and it preps you for Advanced M School should you decide to do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
mike in o.c.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M / 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Did the 2 Day when my car was on the boat and then Advanced M School in February. I highly recommend their programs. When you break down the cost of their programs versus in terms of cost per hour behind the wheel versus tracking your own car including all of the expenses they are a great value and you get tremendous instruction. I have begun tracking my M2 recently and the school prepared me well for the challenge. All in with insurance, track fees, fuel, lodging etc etc it costs me about $500 per hour on track doing it myself versus the 2 day M School for $3,500 with about 11-12 hours on track total. I strongly recommend the 2 Day M School versus the 1 Day, 2 Day includes high speed work on the South Palm and it preps you for Advanced M School should you decide to do that.
How much $ was the Advanced M School?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I got a discount as I bought it when I attended M Days, it was 4k and included two nights of lodging and some really nice SWAG. Advanced M is pretty intense, you spend the entire second day lapping a 2.5 mile section of high speed track and are matched with another student (separate car) based on speed so just you, another student and the instructor doing high speed lead follow all day. If your not a BMWCCA member its worth joining to get a 15% discount on any of the schools programs.
Appreciate 0