F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dual to Quad Exhaust tips
Extreme Powerhouse

05-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
horneth
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 320i

Dual to Quad Exhaust tips

Hi, I'm preparing to install a 335i muffler to my 320i and have already purchased the M-Sport rear bumper. I'm trying to determine if there's a simple way to add quad tips that would align with a quad-tip diffuser for this bumper.

I dont want a loud exhaust, which is why I went with a stock 335i muffler, but would be interested in the look of the quad tips. I've searched the forums and the internet and I do see single to dual tip adapters, but as far as I'm finding, most have the inlet side in the middle which I dont think would allow it to line up to the quad tip diffuser. According to my measurements, it appears the inlet would have to be off to one side (middle of the vehicle), if my measurements are correct.

Are there tips that would work for this purpose and align to the quad tip diffuser?
      05-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
lonecitizenfour
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by horneth View Post
Hi, I'm preparing to install a 335i muffler to my 320i and have already purchased the M-Sport rear bumper. I'm trying to determine if there's a simple way to add quad tips that would align with a quad-tip diffuser for this bumper.

I dont want a loud exhaust, which is why I went with a stock 335i muffler, but would be interested in the look of the quad tips. I've searched the forums and the internet and I do see single to dual tip adapters, but as far as I'm finding, most have the inlet side in the middle which I dont think would allow it to line up to the quad tip diffuser. According to my measurements, it appears the inlet would have to be off to one side (middle of the vehicle), if my measurements are correct.

Are there tips that would work for this purpose and align to the quad tip diffuser?
TBH I would stick with single twin; or dual. Finding a quality quad-outlet diffuser is a pain in the ass.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #3
jpaliotta
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport

ive found tons of offset quad tips for sale...they are out there cause thats what im doing for mine
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #4
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Save yourself the trouble, install the muffler and diffuser, have your muffler shop cut the pipes off the muffler with dual tips for each side to align the quad tips onto the diffuser for fitment. That's pretty much the extent as there isn't anything that "bolts up" without it being a quad tip muffler from the beginning
IG + YT: Sqwin_n20
Appreciate 0