BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    GoPro app support in F90

06-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Cacou
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90

GoPro app support in F90

Hello all,

I need to buy a new action cam and will likely go with the GoPro Hero 6 since I bought into the ecosystem a while back.

I was wondering if the BMW GoPro iDrive interface works well in the F90? Does it work in Canadian cars as well (Connected apps seem to be limited over here).

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I did not set up my go-pro yet in the M5, but it worked great in the M2. The same app is used. The latest version of the M-laptimer integrates the go-pro software. The biggest issue I have with it is the lack of a good way to power the camera with a hardwire. I have the session 4 which is nice and small, but in order to have a power wire connected it becomes less inconspicuous.

The thing which I found intriguing would be the ability to get a video feed from all the built-in cameras in the car and pass those feeds through to the M-laptimer app. That would be excellent. As it is now the video is actually stored on your iPhone along with the map overlays. The M-laptimer app currently allows for up to 4 go-pro cameras to be used at the same time (if I recall the correct number). If we could access the video from all the car's built in cameras then you would not need any stinking go-pro and all the wires and mounts.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0