BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Loud scraping noise - chassis

06-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
mrmjk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Sapphire Black

Loud scraping noise - chassis

I have been getting this loud scraping noise whenever I start my car and make a tight right turn. What I have to point out is that this noise then tends to disappear as soon as the engine & the car gets warm.

The scraping noise is a hollow, low noise that can be felt on the chassis itself when you're driving (mostly when you make right turns, it has now worsened and can be felt on the straights as well in some cases) so it's definitely not the soda-crunch noise or anything like that. The car has 12,000 km.

What blows my mind is that the noise disappears when the car gets warm and it only happens when the wheel is turned to the right. Still, it's a sickening sound to wake up to because you can feel that's something is scratching badly but I can't seem to find out what it is.

I have taken it to the dealer where they replicated the noise but had no idea what can be causing the noise. Anyone experienced any similar issues?

-- EDIT: RESOLVED --

It was the new exhaust that was mounted in a incorrect way. Problem solved.

Last edited by mrmjk; 06-13-2018 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Resolved
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #2
mrmjk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Sapphire Black

Oh and what makes it worse is that I live in a apartment complex and our underground 3-floor garage has only right turns. Hence, I can't get it out of my mind.

Not the best way to start your mornings.
Appreciate 0