E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > E90 Subwoofer Setup w/custom stealth enclosure

06-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
NoSole
Bearquin by nature
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

E90 Subwoofer Setup w/custom stealth enclosure

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 600.00

Item Interest
About to sell my pride and joy, '08 E90 335xi, and there's no way in hell the next owner will appreciate the value of my custom build, so I've removed it to sell separately to someone who will!

What's included?
  • Custom stealth 12" sub enclosure
  • RD Audio 1750.1 Amp
  • Capacitor (1 farad)
  • LOC & remote line level controller
  • Fuse
  • All power and audio cables needed

Options:
  • Trunk pan & riser - Modified to allow more depth for amplifier in 335xi. Will accept even trade for your OEM XI trunk pan.
  • Blown subwoofer - Needs repair. Just pay shipping.

Asking $600 + shipping (local pick-up preferred)

The details and the history:
When I bought this car, the first thing I wanted was a heavy subwoofer, and a way to hide it. Being that I have an XI, there's nowhere to hide anything. Since there are no stealth enclosures that maintain full trunk and backseat passthrough functionality, I realized I'd have to make it myself.

After a ton of research, I spent a pretty penny to have Audio Images in Burlingame build me a custom enclosure that replaced the battery cover in the trunk. It accommodated a shallow mount RD Audio 12" subwoofer. Hiding the RD Audio 1750.1 amp was another ordeal altogether. Because of the limited space in the undercarriage of the XI, there is no room for a spare tire, which meant the trunk pan under the floor access hatch was abnormally shallow. In order make depth, I modded it by cutting out one of the ridges and and forming an aluminum plate to seal the opening. Additionally, Audio Images made a thin riser (dark grey carpeted frame in the photo) so the floor panel would not rest on the amp.

When all was said and done (and about $2500 later), it came out suuuuper clean, and I managed to exploit a way-too-power sub without anyone being the wiser.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0