BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Euro Delivery goodies and perks when you get there

06-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Euro Delivery goodies and perks when you get there

So as of 2 weeks ago, I'm booked to pick up my baby on July 19. I saw another forum member say he got a bunch of goodies in the mail from BMW Canada, but I haven't received anything so far, and my local rep knows nothing about it. His comment was simply That if there's going to be something, it will be mailed to me directly.

Also, I recall reading somebody's ED post, where they mentioned they were picked up at the airport in a nice 5 series. Is there a package or something that talks about how all this works? I'm assuming that wasn't just some one off perk that lucky owner got.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I'm scheduled for an August 1st delivery. I got a big welcome package in the mail a little while ago. Basically like a big brochure. No goodies or anything. My dealer says you can arrange stuff like airport pickup through them. Not sure if that's accurate though.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
I'm scheduled for an August 1st delivery. I got a big welcome package in the mail a little while ago. Basically like a big brochure. No goodies or anything. My dealer says you can arrange stuff like airport pickup through them. Not sure if that's accurate though.
Someone from BMW Canada just contacted me after my rep reached out to them, with details regarding the delivery process. They confirmed that there's one trip from/to the airport and Welt / downtown hotel included. Hopefully it will be in a nice new 5 series, like another owner experienced.

I'm waiting to hear back from them if the "goodies" included in the picture above will be coming to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
kt22cliffjumper
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
You can definitely arrange complimentary shuttle service from Munich airport to either Welt or your hotel in Munich. Check the below link for all your ED info.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery
2005 Silver Grey M3 | SMG | Xenon | sunroof delete | manual nappa leather/cloth seats | TC Kline D/A coilover 450F/500R with TCK camber plates and TCK RSM | BMW Motorsports 4.10 LSD | Powerflex RTAB | Vibra-Tech engine/trans mounts | Stoptech 4 piston F/R BBK with slotted 2-piece rotors | BBS RS-GT 18"
Appreciate 1
Lotus99628.00
      06-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #5
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt22cliffjumper View Post
You can definitely arrange complimentary shuttle service from Munich airport to either Welt or your hotel in Munich. Check the below link for all your ED info.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery
Awesome resource, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #6
300f87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

They do provide a shuttle service from the airport. The service is provided by a third party company, Sixt. We had a ride in a nicely equipped 740Le for our recent ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #7
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Curious, do you guys in the US pay duties, etc. on the ED price, but not on the regular MSRP?

In Canada, we don't get the discount for an ED purchase – The MSRP is the same as non-ED, and my rep was saying that on the ED price, you have to pay duty separately and possibly shipping, so perhaps that's why the ED price is cheaper.

Or is it apples to apples comparison, and you save 5% off the regular MSRP going the ED route, and both Prices ($59k vs. $56k) include all the other costs?
You asked this in another thread that was closed a short time later - we pay tax on the transaction price so, if a US buyer has an ED purchase order/contract for the ED price, then the state tax is based on that amount. We do not have to pay duty/tax or shipping separately - we pay the standard destination (shipping) charge, no different whether the car is ED purchase or not. The US [suggested] ED price is cheaper in order to encourage us to travel to Europe. Not sure why our northern friends don't get the same incentive!

It is indeed an apples-to-apples comparison, as you have suggested above. For instance, if I had not done ED, the price of my car would have been $56,595 rather than $53,920. Both prices include destination but not tax, so I saved $2675 plus $161 in tax (based on 6% here in MD). But the tax is not paid separately - the CA/dealer collects it all at once: the sales price, any "doc fee" they may charge, the destination/shipping charge, and the tax. And that - collecting it all at once, paying standard $995 shipping, sales tax based on contract price - is the same for ED or otherwise.

Last edited by bobert; 06-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: added info
Appreciate 1
Lotus99628.00
      06-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #8
randyt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MGM 6MT M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
You should get an ED welcome package. It will include a bunch of information. Some of it you need to know such as where to get all season tires (you won't need), how to book your airport pickup/transfer, who to contact and when about your drop off, scheduling your factory & Museum tour, etc.

Oh, check for German holidays, they take them seriously and lots of things close (factory, museum, more).

This package does not come from the dealer but will be mentioned in the letter that confirms your ED and should come directly to you. For me, this didn't happen until I called the dealer and indicated I did not receive. The dealer reached out to folks in the US that coordinate ED and they initiated shipment. It could be that it would have come without my prompting, but it seemed late to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #9
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
You asked this in another thread that was closed a short time later - we pay tax on the transaction price so, if a US buyer has an ED purchase order/contract for the ED price, then the state tax is based on that amount. We do not have to pay duty/tax or shipping separately - we pay the standard destination (shipping) charge, no different whether the car is ED purchase or not. The US [suggested] ED price is cheaper in order to encourage us to travel to Europe. Not sure why our northern friends don't get the same incentive!

It is indeed an apples-to-apples comparison, as you have suggested above. For instance, if I had not done ED, the price of my car would have been $56,595 rather than $53,920. Both prices include destination but not tax, so I saved $2675 plus $161 in tax (based on 6% here in MD). But the tax is not paid separately - the CA/dealer collects it all at once: the sales price, any "doc fee" they may charge, the destination/shipping charge, and the tax. And that - collecting it all at once, paying standard $995 shipping, sales tax based on contract price - is the same for ED or otherwise.
It wasn't me asking in another thread. This is the first time asking about the ED discount for US vs Canada. Thx for explaining though.

As usual, Canadians get bent over!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 01:20 AM   #10
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
It wasn't me asking in another thread. This is the first time asking about the ED discount for US vs Canada. Thx for explaining though.

As usual, Canadians get bent over!
Maybe there's some confusion here - it was this post in the following thread:

Thread: BMWNA Official Pricing Guide for M2 Competition

Anyway, that thread was closed so I couldn't reply there.
      06-12-2018, 02:09 AM   #11
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Maybe there's some confusion here - it was this post in the following thread:

Thread: BMWNA Official Pricing Guide for M2 Competition

Anyway, that thread was closed so I couldn't reply there.
I think the mods moved my post!
Appreciate 0