BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
manish_X3i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 - 2018

BMW X3 - Full Adaptive lights

I have purchased BMW X3 2018 - Xdrive 30i and with my limited knowledge on BMW - I've got the car with premium package. Later I realize that my headlights are not full adaptive. Can someone suggest how can i get full adaptive LED lights that comes in Executive package and how much it can cost.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #2
abcsoup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i, X3 M40i

I think a retrofit would be extremely expensive. The icon adaptive headlamps for a 5-series are almost $3k each, and you'd need both left and right sides, not including labor. I couldn't find the listing for the X3, but I'd imagine it would be similar in pricing.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/headlights/2018-bmw-540i

In the US, we don't have anti-dazzle high beams enabled anyway (unless you go through extensive coding), so functionally, yours are pretty much identical to the icon adaptive lights. If it's just the turn signal non-LED part that's bothersome, you could maybe replace the bulb with an LED one.
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      06-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
manish_X3i
Private
Rep

That is exactly the turn signal is bothersome to me. How can i just replace the bulb with a LED one so i can get the same looking turn signal which we get in a executive package. Please advise.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
manish_X3i
Private
Rep

Anyone has any advise on this matter?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

You can’t. Full headlights like the ones that come in the executive package have a ribbon across the top of the length of the headlight. The basic units have a turn signal on the sides. You can spend thousands to change the headlights or learn to live with what you have.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

I know I'm gonna sound rude but really how do you plop down $50-60k on a car and not know what packages/features it has. This topic comes up not infrequently and it boggles my mind no less than before.
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      06-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
abcsoup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i, X3 M40i

I think if you want to swap just the turn signals, you'll have to look at other BMW examples. I have no experience with this, so I have no idea if the G01 X3 is compatible, but there are posts on bimmerpost and elsewhere that show LED replacement bulbs for other, older BMW models.

Here is one for an F80 M3: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1131173

Perhaps the same thing can be achieved with your X3, but I think you might be the first person to attempt such a mod, so I'd expect that you'll need to self-experiment and do more research.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #8
manish_X3i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
I know I'm gonna sound rude but really how do you plop down $50-60k on a car and not know what packages/features it has. This topic comes up not infrequently and it boggles my mind no less than before.
I am pissed off as well. I am very new to BMW and had no idea about every single detail in every package. The BMW Genius person at the dealership din't help me out much. I've figured this group after I purchased the vehicle. I am trying to see how can get some extra detail still plugged into my vehicle. Think it from a prospective who had no idea how a BMW can be configured.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
Ragnarkov
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 i30xdrive

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
It also doesn't help that different countries package stuff differently. Or simply don't offer options at all (canada doesn't even offer the lowest audio option, our lowest is the hifi). So readying online, even these forums, can be confusing. Plenty of times I've read something here, and realized it didn't apply because the person writing it was overseas or in the US.

It really should come down to the genius/sales rep you deal with. It's their job to inform you of everything. regardless of how much work that is.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
manish_X3i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarkov View Post
It also doesn't help that different countries package stuff differently. Or simply don't offer options at all (canada doesn't even offer the lowest audio option, our lowest is the hifi). So readying online, even these forums, can be confusing. Plenty of times I've read something here, and realized it didn't apply because the person writing it was overseas or in the US.

It really should come down to the genius/sales rep you deal with. It's their job to inform you of everything. regardless of how much work that is.
I completely agree with you. It was my bad luck that both my BMW genius and sales person both were new on the job. though i was able to get approx 17% discount. I am just disappointed that If i had enough knowledge then i could have put together a better build and still be able to get 17% discount. I hope next time.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #11
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

in truth there are three headlights available for the x3/x4, standard led without automatic high beam management and ole fashioned light bulbs for the blinkers, secondly full led with automatic high beam control, and thirdly what BMW calls anti dazzle where little shutters lower or lessen the high beam led projection in the pathway of an oncoming, or the path of a car in front of you, car. I believe everyone in north america with the second tier full led actually gets the anti dazzle but that BMW codes it off on my order sheet there was two things that were coded off at the factory or at the dealership before delivery and the lights were one of them.
Appreciate 0