BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The majority of mainstream music has gone to shit.

06-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 11-26-2009 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

yeah..... it's been that way for a while now...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
yeah..... it's been that way for a while now...
I know........for a LONG time actually.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Alright Soulja Boy.......here's your new investment banking position at Merrill Lynch.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So thank goodness for the independent and underground.

But anyway...........with artists like Soulja Boy, Amy Winehouse, Katy Perry, and other idiots............makes me wonder, how the hell did our generation allow for such stupid music to become so important? Just think America, your Soulja Boy generation is almost on it's way to running the country as more and more of us are finishing up school!

"I kissed a girl and I liked it, cherry chapstick (or whatever)" - katy perry

"Soulja boy up in dis hoe, watch me crank it, watch me roll" - Soulja Boy

"Tried to make me go to rehab and I said No No No" - Amy Winehouse

Or how about mainstream rap these days? All I hear is "da money, da dranks, da hoes, da drow, da cars.......and lots of other shit that new money would be enthusiastic about.

Or how about all those **** in emo/boy bands with their pussy voices, like Simple Plan, where 30 year old men act like 15 year old girls, ranting and raving about heart breaks. Scene music and lifestyle FTL.
Let's not forget LA LA Lollipop or Lolli Lolli....by lil wayne and three-6 mafia...lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #7
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
well i don't know about the other music but isn't mainstream supposed to appeal to the masses?

that katy perry song is kinda funny. sure the lyrics are kind of odd, but the catchy beat is fine for me. i'm not trying to listen to music that will suddenly give me a huge lightbulb above my head as i scream "BRILLIANTT!" & this goes the same with soulja boy. i just want a song that i can listen to for a few weeks, bob my head to, and just enjoy it for its short mainstream lifespan.

if your talking about the dumbing down of society because of this music then okay... well then thats true.

& for the record, independent and underground don't necessarily talk about different things than mainstream. it really depends on the artists you listen to.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Yeah totally agree...

What ever happen to good music like Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Jane' Addiction, 80's, Grunge, etc... etc...

one of my favorite Sirius stations is Hair Nation.

me thinks the good ol' Rock n' Roll is due for a comeback!

I'm sure most of the 30-somethings would agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
So thank goodness for the independent and underground.

But anyway...........with artists like Soulja Boy, Amy Winehouse, Katy Perry, and other idiots............makes me wonder, how the hell did our generation allow for such stupid music to become so important? Just think America, your Soulja Boy generation is almost on it's way to running the country as more and more of us are finishing up school!

"I kissed a girl and I liked it, cherry chapstick (or whatever)" - katy perry

"Soulja boy up in dis hoe, watch me crank it, watch me roll" - Soulja Boy

"Tried to make me go to rehab and I said No No No" - Amy Winehouse

Or how about mainstream rap these days? All I hear is "da money, da dranks, da hoes, da drow, da cars.......and lots of other shit that new money would be enthusiastic about.

Or how about all those **** in emo/boy bands with their pussy voices, like Simple Plan, where 30 year old men act like 15 year old girls, ranting and raving about heart breaks. Scene music and lifestyle FTL.
It's been going on for a few years now.. IMO it will start to turn around shortly.
Simple Plan also died out about 5 years ago..

-Nathan
      06-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #10
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

I'll have to agree, it seems that all the good music was in the early 90's till the early 2000's for me. Which I'm sure every generation thinks differently but this was the span where I started to enjoy music. One of my Favorite bands of the 90's early 2000's - Bush. Which I'm sure someone here would and will disagree with me.... lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #11
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
Yeah totally agree...

What ever happen to good music like Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Jane' Addiction, 80's, Grunge, etc... etc...

one of my favorite Sirius stations is Hair Nation.

me thinks the good ol' Rock n' Roll is due for a comeback!

I'm sure most of the 30-somethings would agree.
we can be friends
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #12
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
It's been going on for a few years now.. IMO it will start to turn around shortly.
Simple Plan also died out about 5 years ago..

-Nathan
I used Simple Plan as example.....

Rufio, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, and all other similar bands fall under that catagory........that pussy ass category.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:19 AM   #13
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

If you are in to the hard stuff, listen to killswitch engage. they flirted with mainstream with a few of their songs, but their shit is original and well thought out. both guitarists are berklee graduates and their lead singer has an amazing voice.

you are right that society at large likes what i (we) would call shitty music. the only appeal is in its catchiness (if that is even a word).
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:21 AM   #14
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
I know........for a LONG time actually.
yeah me too, that's why my music went backwards on the timeline hahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #15
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep

So if were going to talk about good music, what would you guys recommend? As far as rock.....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #16
SpecC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335SWEETNESS View Post
So if were going to talk about good music, what would you guys recommend? As far as rock.....
radiohead, radiohead, and more radiohead! i like the new coldplay album too. then i listen to lots of rolling stones, some ac/dc, more beatles now and then

actually just check out my last.fm page lol

http://www.last.fm/user/mineslancerevo
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #17
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep

Well I feel the need to name a few as well, Sevendust, Bush, Three Days Grace, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, Neverset, Breaking Benjamin, 12 Stones, Disturbed's old stuff, Static X, Blind Side, Saliva, The Exies, Korn, Smile Empty Soul, Papa Roach, Chevelle, etc. Yes some of the bands were or are main stream but doesn't mean their not good. I still mix it up though, Rock/ Electronic/ Alter Rock/ Punk/ Grunge/ etc got to keep it fresh....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #18
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335SWEETNESS View Post
Well I feel the need to name a few as well, Sevendust, Bush, Three Days Grace, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, Neverset, Breaking Benjamin, 12 Stones, Disturbed's old stuff, Static X, Blind Side, Saliva, The Exies, Korn, Smile Empty Soul, Papa Roach, Chevelle, etc. Yes some of the bands were or are main stream but doesn't mean their not good. I still mix it up though, Rock/ Electronic/ Alter Rock/ Punk/ Grunge/ etc got to keep it fresh....
No definitely, your right.......I changed the title of the thread to "The majority of mainstream...."

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:46 AM   #19
NaTuReB0Y