E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Question with the Dinan Reflash

07-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
SharkPhi
Contract Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5

Question with the Dinan Reflash

I tried searching but I couldn't find the answer to my specific question, so here goes.

I understand that DINAN offers a full warranty with their reflash, but is all warranty work that BMW will not cover still completed at the same dealership? Does Dinan simply pay for the repair?

And, does having the reflash effect the paid services and roadside assistance through BMW assist?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
StarrDlux
Pussycat's Meow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i montego | Stock

just get it from your dealer for optimum experience (aka reflash the car after upgrade flash without driving it somewhere else).

you have to have the car serviced at any DINAN dealership.

can't answer the last one.

just keep in mind there is no warranty option after 4/48K. bmw's warranty is invalid and no CPO or anything will covered a modded car. they do know its modded. so if you are in for the long haul i'd carefully weigh the options.

based on b5 s4 experiences, bi-turbo cars are very hard to get aftermarket warranties (exotic motor) and care is enormous as things start to unravel.

imo it is best to lease for 2-4 years and just remove the flash and return it. bmw will cpo it and sell it to some fewl. (never buy a demo/cpo lol).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
SharkPhi
Contract Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5

Wow. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrDlux View Post
you have to have the car serviced at any DINAN dealership.
Can you post or explain what led you to believe this? I really do not think this is the case. Dinan dealer or not, they should service your car and if it is a warranty repair related to powertrain, they contact Dinan and bill them. I am quite sure the dealer you go to does not HAVE to be a Dinan dealer.

For example, those who live around me, near Bimmerworks (a private shop) can get the flash there, but the two closest actual dealers are NOT Dinan dealers...that doesn't mean we have to drive an hour+ to the nearest actual BMW dealer that sells Dinan for our service work or repairs.
Appreciate 0