E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Vista BMW: Worst dealership in the entire world!

07-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Angry Vista BMW: Worst dealership in the entire world!

Ok, so here is the story. Two Sundays ago, my dad accidentally ran over, down the middle of the car, this industrial sized brick. A couple of warning lights turned on (active steering and some brake light). So, the next day (Monday), I called a tow truck and got my car towed to Vista BMW. The following day (Tuesday), I get a call from my SA telling me what was damaged... rack and pinion, rear stabilizer, sub frame, and active steering had to be realigned... damages totalled $4500. Not to worry though, insurance will cover it. Ok, so, the day after (Wednesday) we had an insurance personnel go in to inspect the car and do what ever he had to do. So everything seems like its going smooth. So, a couple of days go by, and I dont hear anything about my car. So I called yesterday(Monday) to speak to someone about my car, and they tell me that they are waiting for a part to come in, and then I ask if my car has been worked on and they say, well we are waiting on a part. So basically my car has just been sitting there. At the very least, they can be working on something else while the part is ships in, or they can be doing service (which my car needs) while the part comes in. Also, yesterday I asked to speak with the Service Manager and they transferred my call to his office, and no one picked up. I called his office about 6 times yesterday without a response and I left a voicemail (no response to that either). So today, I called service, and asked if anyone knew anything about my car... and they transferred me to the service front desk, and they transferred me to the SM again. My SA is out due to a heart attack (I hope shes doing good). So I kept calling to try to reach the SM, since he is really the only one that I can complain to and the only one that can have any knowledge about my car. And I could not reach him. The only thing I had left to do is to call BMW of NA. Talked to the rep. and he told me that he will give them a call today. He also told me that they have had a good amount of complaints about Vista and their service.

So, Vista sucks. Everytime I go there, its a huge headache. I am a first time BMW owner, and they seem to not give a shit. I would think they would want to treat me good to keep my business... But apparently not. So, this is definitely the last time I am going to take my car to this Vista, which by the way is the one in Coconut Creek.

Does anyone have any other recommendations about what I should do (besides being patient)? Tomorrow I am going in personally to find the SM and talk to him.

/Rant
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

my personal feelings are...if your parts not in i can be working on a bunch of other cars till your part comes in...considering your service work will take NO time at all and most of it can be done while your rack and other crap are being put in. chill out...there ARE other peoples cars who have to be worked on too..esp when dealing with insurance stuff it takes time..but trust me being a PITA isnt going to get your work done faster.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
my personal feelings are...if your parts not in i can be working on a bunch of other cars till your part comes in...considering your service work will take NO time at all and most of it can be done while your rack and other crap are being put in. chill out...there ARE other peoples cars who have to be worked on too..esp when dealing with insurance stuff it takes time..but trust me being a PITA isnt going to get your work done faster.
Well, they have the rest of the parts in... They are just waiting for one part, which I think is the plastic cover. But besides not working on the car... what frustrates me the most is that I cant contact anyone about my car , so I dont know whats up with my car. And again, shouldnt they earn my respect since I am a first time BMW owner? and wouldnt they want to keep my business? IDK, but I think they are treating me like shit, personally, and I have 2 other situations which they treated me like shit too .
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

You are in SoFla. There are like 5 dealers within 30miles. Find one you like. I have 1 dealer within 50miles and they take advantage of the fact that there is no where else to go.
      07-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
AW135iTT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

That really sucks dude. I heard of many bad experiences with Vista. I hope your car is not Montego Blue because when I went there i saw one getting ship back to Germany....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
werd.... I wouldnt let a car sit on my lift for several days waiting for a part..

op- chances are, insurance did not want to pay the overnight fee for the part so it was stock ordered which is 2-3 business days. not the dealers fault, blame your cheap insurance company. chances are, they put you in a rental/loaner that insurance is covering as well. so just chill...

it's not easy dealing with insurance claims, they want all the part numbers and labor times faxed to them, then they look up the labor times in their book and cut back on what the dealer wants labor wise, the parts get discounted to insurance/extended warranty pricing, inspectors have to come inspect the car and see what it really needs, etc, etc...

i dont know vista's rep, but im speaking from personal experience... its always a big headache when a 3rd party is involved. and im getting kind of tired of seeing everyone on here blame the dealer for everything.
      07-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
werd.... I wouldnt let a car sit on my lift for several days waiting for a part..

op- chances are, insurance did not want to pay the overnight fee for the part so it was stock ordered which is 2-3 business days. not the dealers fault, blame your cheap insurance company. chances are, they put you in a rental/loaner that insurance is covering as well. so just chill...

it's not easy dealing with insurance claims, they want all the part numbers and labor times faxed to them, then they look up the labor times in their book and cut back on what the dealer wants labor wise, the parts get discounted to insurance/extended warranty pricing, inspectors have to come inspect the car and see what it really needs, etc, etc...

i dont know vista's rep, but im speaking from personal experience... its always a big headache when a 3rd party is involved. and im getting kind of tired of seeing everyone on here blame the dealer for everything.
Well, its not my first bad experience with them. Ive had about 3 really bad experiences with them in a short span of 7 months... But again, the thing that bothers me the most is that I cant get a hold of anyone that knows anything about my car. The guy that I talked to wasnt even 100% sure that the part was still shipping or if it was sitting elsewhere. So, I think, in I can blame the dealer for their very poor customer service.

Btw, last time I had my car taken in to the dealership, I had it towed in, and they did not know anything about it for a week. It was sitting in their lot. I called many times, and they didnt know anything about it. All they had to say was, "Are you sure they didnt take it to Vista in Ft. Lauderdale?". And then when I went to pick it up a week later, they couldnt find it... Finally after an hour of calling people and driving around in a golf cart, we found it. Awesome customer service, great job Vista!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW135iTT View Post
That really sucks dude. I heard of many bad experiences with Vista. I hope your car is not Montego Blue because when I went there i saw one getting ship back to Germany....
Damn dude, funny story actually. I heard they are shipping all white 135s back to Germany too . And if they find any trace of tuning such as intakes, bov, or chips, they will take out your ecu and make your car a huge paper weight. :finger:
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
You are in SoFla. There are like 5 dealers within 30miles. Find one you like. I have 1 dealer within 50miles and they take advantage of the fact that there is no where else to go.
Yea, Im not going back to this dealer, thats for sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Well, just don't go to Vista of Pompano as that is where Jacque from VIP Tuning works. The techs there will drive your car and "ride out" in it for no reason. I found both driver and passenger seats lowered all the way down and leaned pretty far back like Tupac and his friends took a ride in my car (this is from pompano).

I know a good SA at Coconut Creek which is where I take my car. He personally handles all of his cars and has a tight team he works with. They get their shit together and get it done right. PM me if you are interested and I'll shoot you his contact info.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
I know a good SA at Coconut Creek which is where I take my car. He personally handles all of his cars and has a tight team he works with. They get their shit together and get it done right. PM me if you are interested and I'll shoot you his contact info.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
Good to have someone you can trust in a world full of idiots. Just went through a whole other ordeal just to get a fucking distributor and valve covers in on time. I am beyond pissed off. Sorry, been a really rough week guys.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
FIAT
D.E.A.
Wales
Rep
Drives: E90 BLK(X2)

i got my car at vista coconut creek, and their service was pretty good, my car was damaged from shipping so i had to take it back to the dealer as soon as i got it and everything went on very smooth, the only problem i had was that since i wasnt 21 they wouldnt give me a loaner
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #14
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
and im getting kind of tired of seeing everyone on here blame the dealer for everything.
+1 they do a lot for the customer and if they mess up a little its like they dont give a flying f*** and just want your money. i have a lot of respect for dealers becuse most of the time everything works out without a hitch. its those isolated times where something happens but people fail to see what the dealer does to try to remedy the matter
      07-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #15
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

reeves bmw ftw, just wish they had better loaners. got a pt cruiser once
      07-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #16
305coupe335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe sports pckg.

I can tell you one thing...

i wanna bang the front desk chick at Vista
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305coupe335i View Post
I can tell you one thing...

i wanna bang the front desk chick at Vista
HAHAH
the brunette?
she is hot as hell, i think she modeled for one of vista's pamphlets lol

anyways
vista sucks period, end of story. i take my car to ftl or braman if i have to.
ive had shitty experience with my old x5 there, my friend had a VERY shitty experience with his m3 (it was during hurricanes and his car had gone through a shitstorm because of the dealer's negligence).
they just take the longest time to do the simplest jobs, but i guess its because they are the LARGEST bmw dealer in SoFla like they claim.
      07-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Vista Pompano or Coconut Creek?

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Well, just don't go to Vista of Pompano as that is where Jacque from VIP Tuning works. The techs there will drive your car and "ride out" in it for no reason. I found both driver and passenger seats lowered all the way down and leaned pretty far back like Tupac and his friends took a ride in my car (this is from pompano).

Alex FTW

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaznumkay View Post
HAHAH
the brunette?
she is hot as hell, i think she modeled for one of vista's pamphlets lol

anyways
vista sucks period, end of story. i take my car to ftl or braman if i have to.
ive had shitty experience with my old x5 there, my friend had a VERY shitty experience with his m3 (it was during hurricanes and his car had gone through a shitstorm because of the dealer's negligence).
they just take the longest time to do the simplest jobs, but i guess its because they are the LARGEST bmw dealer in SoFla like they claim.
Yea, at first my SA told me it was going to be 3-4 days.... its been almost two weeks, and I havent been able to reach her in 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
Vista Pompano or Coconut Creek?
Coconut Creek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #21
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
Alex FTW
Yes sir .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #22
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo335 View Post
Yea, at first my SA told me it was going to be 3-4 days.... its been almost two weeks, and I havent been able to reach her in 3 days.

Coconut Creek
Rule #1 - never trust what your SA tells you, coz they have no control over the insurance company, and its adjustor

Rule #2- if the SA gives you a time frame of completion, multiply it by 3 or 4X to account for the insurance company's bureaucracy and procrastination at the dealership due to lower labor / parts rate. OR, just go up to the next unit of time, e.g. 3-4 days actually means 3-4 weeks.

FYI, my old E55 was rear ended and the flat bed yanked off my front bumper. Original estimated time of completion was 2-3 weeks, and it endedup sitting in the body shop for 74 days.